Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

No review copies are being sent out. This is always a bad sign.
I dont know I'd say it's 'always' a bad sign when this is basically unprecedented for a major AAA release. Late review codes or something dont raise any alarms for me as I've never really seen this correlation between that and bad games(people just like to cherry pick without considering all the times it doesn't fit). But just absolutely no review codes whatsoever is not something I can remember happening anytime in recent memory.

I dont know I'd say it's 'always' a bad sign when this is basically unprecedented for a major AAA release. Late review codes or something dont raise any alarms for me as I've never really seen this correlation between that and bad games(people just like to cherry pick without considering all the times it doesn't fit). But just absolutely no review codes whatsoever is not something I can remember happening anytime in recent memory.
What are some examples where the game wasnā€™t poorly received?

Wasn't there that brief period where Bethesda implemented a blanket policy of no early review codes? Which effected games such as Doom (2016), Dishonored 2 and Prey (2017)?

Edit: Looking back it seems like Rocksteady's last release, Arkham Knight, had some review code controversy as well?

Last edited:
Game doesnt have an advanced GI system. There is barely any AO. Youtube videos are rough. Raytracing GI is nearly five years old and there are a few UE4 games with nVidia's RTX GI solution on the market (Dying Light 2).

Art versus tech. The newer game has less boxy geometry, more of it, a more grounded appearance rather than the floaty disconnect Arkham Knight's oldschool shading had. Of course UE4 also doesn't support open world GI, and it looks like they didn't have time to put one in like Hogwarts or FFVII Rebirth did.

But also Arkham Knight was a damned work of art. They had time to go through and make the small city look great and varied from every angle, got to go through all the story missions and make sure the lighting was cool and dramatic. Suicide Squad is just some damned Live Service Looter Shooter, those whales are (ideally) paying for an endless content mill damnit not any of this "art" crap!

Sigh, what a waste of what had been a great studio.

After reading user reviews a few things are apparent:

1. The game is actually decent and fun.
2. Lots of people are jumping on the hater bandwagon because theyā€™re sheep or because ā€œitā€™s not another Batman gameā€.

Worth watching/listening. Praise where it's due but ultimately, the business decisions ruined the game design early on, by his opinion. Get's a lot of things wrong, not nearly enough right.

Back