Stingray revenge

What idiots. Stupid, Holden driving, idiots.

One stingray acts NATURALLY and defends itself, and suddenly the whole damn stingray population is nothing more than a man-killing pack of cows just waiting to be slaughtered?

I hope to god whoever the hell is killing them gets a whopping big sentence and goes to hell when all is said and done. Rage-revenge never solved anything, nor helped anyone. It's a pathetic worthless thing to do...I miss Steve, heck, Iwas broken up by his death, but to go and do this?

Oh man and I mad right now. :devilish:

What idiots. Stupid, Holden driving, idiots.

One stingray acts NATURALLY and defends itself, and suddenly the whole damn stingray population is nothing more than a man-killing pack of cows just waiting to be slaughtered?

I hope to god whoever the hell is killing them gets a whopping big sentence and goes to hell when all is said and done. Rage-revenge never solved anything, nor helped anyone. It's a pathetic worthless thing to do...I miss Steve, heck, Iwas broken up by his death, but to go and do this?

Oh man and I mad right now. :devilish:

Kind of reminds me of Mr G. Bush. OVERKILL

Kind of reminds me of Mr G. Bush. OVERKILL

Overkill? I don't think so.

I'm taking the situation very seriously. One of the first things said after Steve died was a call for people not to take their anger out on Stingrays. And what do the morons go and do?

The way they're being killed...they're defenseless f*cking animals, and I wont stand for it. :devilish:

I hope some of them stingray vigillantes get some good barbs in 'em, serve 'em right.

This is beyond reprehensible, it's stupid! :?

I saw this on CNN this morning, it's quite stupid from these folks to call for "revenge" on animals.

That said one of the CNN speaker said that it's common to see fishermen, who caught stingrays in their nets, to cut their tails and throw them back to the sea (which is a highly stupid thing to do, as well).
In other words, it might not be a "revenge" per see but just something that happens all the time, but given that some journalists were out looking for that particular story, they didn't take the time to check if this was a common thing to found dead stingrays lying on the shore from time to time or not.

Pure and absolute stupidity and ignorance.

How did the human race get like this? Seriously, sometimes i do ask myself what the hell happened to our brains when we "evolved" (if you can call this stupidity the result of evolution) to make us as STUPID as we (they) are now. And we are the only race on this planet to act this way.

Sometimes i don't think we really are that evolved at all, we're just the right size and number and we have good hands.

I'm happy/sad to say that I was in Grand Cayman (Stingray City) this past week during a cruise, and had a tour set up to go and handle/swim with some stringrays. You can imagine my shock and dismay (just in general) when I found out that Steve Irwin had died and the means of that death.

First of all, Steve Irwin's the man, and no one that talked about it on the ship did so in anything but a reverent tone.

Anyway though startled at the coincidental nature of it all, me and my girlfriend went ahead with it all the same, and I must say it's an awesome experience. Most Stingrays aren't this friendly of course, but in this location they'll swim right up to you, let you hold them, and let you kiss them also. 'Twas awesome, and these 'revenge' killers... definitely represent a degenerate strain of human DNA.

Why are those stingrays mot aggressive? Have generations of them being born in human swimming areas made them adept to humans swimming with them?
Under what circumstances would a stingray like the one you described feel threatened enough to sting a human?

Why are those stingrays mot aggressive? Have generations of them being born in human swimming areas made them adept to humans swimming with them?
Under what circumstances would a stingray like the one you described feel threatened enough to sting a human?

Stingrays aren't aggressive by nature. The reason these are so tame isn't a generational thing, just prolonged levels of interaction with humans. Lookup Stingray City in google and you'll see it's actually a world-famous dive spot for Stingray interaction. People, including myself in this instance, regularly feed the stingrays there (though not enough to ween them completely off their own foraging diet), and they're just used to being touched and handled. It's wild to just be out there in the ocean like that and have such a friendly colony.

In addition, the guide we had visits this area so frequently (every day) that he's become 'friends' with some of the other life there as well, and I looked on in stunned amazement as he coaxed a moray eel out of it's rocky home and proceeded to play with and handle it before giving it a piece of squid for it's troubles.

Back