Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2022]

Portal 1 & 2 $1.48 until Nov. 29th, in case you’re young enough to make me consider my own mortality.

Humble has (a Steam key plus DRM-free downloads for) the Puppy Games Ultrabundle for $2.50 for another nine days. Matches it’s previous low for four I guess modern takes on classic arcade games.

Humble Black Friday VR Voyagers Pack is $12 for 11 VR games, on for another 16 days. Some good games in there:

Acron: Attack of the Squirrels
Car Mechanic Sim VR
Cook-Out: A Sandwich Tale
Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets
Fisherman’s Tale
I Expect You to Die
Sairento VR
Shooty Fruity
Superhot VR
The Wizards: Dark Times
Until You Fall

Edit: Fanatical has a bunch of good $1 bundles (sort by price):

Valfaris & Slain
Battle of Polytopia Monrise Deluxe
Starpoint Gemini 2 Gold
Riptide GP 2 & Renegade
Monster Slayers Complete
Beholder 1 & 2
Oddworld Abe’s Exodus & Munch’s Odyssee
Leisure Suit Larry 1-7 & Magna Cum Laude
and a few more

Last edited:
Humble has an "annual subscription" to Choice for $89 (+ tax) with code 'holiday22' until Dec 2nd. It's more like getting 12 monthly vouchers in that you can still skip months (you may be committed to getting the first month you redeem the offer). It's technically available to new or canceled members. You can just buy a gift subscription (tick the gift box!) and redeem it yourself, which worked for me as a paused subscriber.

If you're a month-to-month subscriber, you can usually snag a $2 or $4 off offer if you try to skip a month (more likely if you're skipping a second month in a row). The advantage of this deal is you're essentially getting $4 off even if you want consecutive months. It's hard to argue you won't get $8 of value out of the 8 monthly games. They do offer some extra games to play while you're subscribed via their app (equivalent to GamePass), like Signalis. The odd game is given as a non-Steam key (Origin, Epic, or GOG).

Next month's Humble Choice (December) games have leaked a day early. Supposedly it will include Wasteland 3, Greedfall, First Class Trouble, and Backbone. No word on whether the first two will be complete/GotY editions, but don't get your hopes up.

Edit: The leaker was right, again. Humble Choice December 2022 is $12 (maybe $8 if you try to pause an active subscription) for:

Backbone (was in itch.io's Bundle for Ukraine)
Blade Assault
First Class Trouble
GreedFall
Super Magbot
TOEM
Wasteland 3 (on GamePass)
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine (was an Epic giveaway)

So, no DLC but still a good deal, IMO, especially for longer games like Wasteland 3 and GreedFall that might monopolize an entire month of GamePass. You also get access to Signalis, Ghost Song, Moonscars and some more indie games while you're subscribed via Humble's app (akin to GamePass, but more of a bonus to the monthly games).

Last edited:
Ixion is $26 (25% off, Steam key) at Fanatical for another 13hrs. I left in the affiliate link from ITAD because it’s so useful. Here‘s the clean URL. Check that it activates in your region. If not, a few other stores match that price.

It’s a fun looking city builder with space exploration (“Frostpunk in space”) that just released.

Last edited:
Also on Fanatical
Civilization VI £12.41 (-82%)
Red Dead Redemption 2 £17.59 ( -68%)
Riders Republic £10.99 (-78%)

Oh man I missed that deal on Origins.
I don’t think Amazon deals are usually copied by other game stores, but I’m surprised Origins has only been in a single game bundle three years ago. Maybe it’ll hit $5 if Epic has another $10 off coupon frenzy for their holiday sale. It’s old enough that they could even give it away as part of their annual 15 day free game spree.

Try a free copy of Ghost of a Tale as a consolation prize. It’s an action RPG with stealth, so it’s basically the same game. ;)

Iron Storm on Steam for £0.19 yyou have no excuse not to buy it its more or less free
59¢ on Steam, 29¢ on GOG in the USA.

Is this GOG review right? Is there a revised, improved version called World War Zero? That hits $1.70 once in a while.
Why gog allowed this hunk of junk on it's store page yet denies many fantastic indie titles is beyond me. This game was never ever good in 2002 and it's not good now. The gameplay is utterly abysmal, the ai is garbage, graphics are whoefull even by 2002 standards and the level design is hot garbage. Top this all off with setting that could have been interesting but has instead been thrown out of the window entirely. What's even more sad is that an updated version of this game was released here in the UK in 2004 for the PS2 by rebellion called World War Zero that actually scrapped all the work these amatuer devs did and actually made it a fun and enjoyable game that was also then released again on PC for a second time. If you really want to experience this game then play the PS2 version, avoid this at all costs —yukimari

Its correct in the fact a consoled version was re released on p.c
but i dont agree with the review of the game, does it have it''s faults, hell yes but it's not worst game evar territory
there are some enjoyment to be had and in fairness some frustration but it's 19p for gods sake

ps: my post in the "what are you playing now" thread from 2014 (and having spent more time thinking about it there certainly is the argument that I'm looking at it with rose tinted glasses, but again I did enjoy some of it and it's 19p)

In 2002 the Gaming Gods tasked me with an epic 12 year quest
to beat Iron Storm.

"Set in an alternate history in which World War 1 never ended, the game takes place in 1964, the 50th year of the war, and focuses on an Allied soldier's mission to stop the Russo-Mongolian Empire from developing nuclear weapons and his later efforts to end the war."

Among my many trials were such hideous opponents as vague objectives, game breaking bugs, cheap gameplay mechanics like invincible enemies who are unkillable for plot reasons they are supposed to perform an action then leave the area but because of the bugs they cant do things like operate the doors to leave and so you die until you get a reload that doesnt have the bug, enemies who can take several clips to die but can one shot insta kill you. convoluted levels that have to be performed in a very specific non obvious way that you would never figure out if it wasnt for a walk through on youtube.

My mission was to track down and kill an evil scientist who was developing nuclear weapons and after 12 years and many attempts I finally reach his extremely heavily guarded base, there I battle trough hoards of enemies, until i am close to his inner sanctum. Cue a cutscene were someone else kills him and then I board a helicopter and go home.

Last edited:
Humble is re-running some bundles (with slight cutbacks) for two days each in limited quantities.

The Ultimate Racing Sim bundle, minus the short iRacing sub and Thrustmaster coupon, is $13 for another day and a half: ACC, AC Ultimate, Automobilista 1 and 2, rFactor 2, NASCAR Heat 5 possibly Ultimate, and Drift 21.

2K Megahits, minus two golf games, is $16 for another 16hrs. Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe, XCOM Collection (includes 2 + DLC, Chimera), Bioshock Collection, Mafia Definitive Edition, Civ VI, and a bunch of decent older games (like the OG X-Com Complete Pack).

Last edited:
The Gaming Gods appeared to me in a vision (note to self must cut down on the drugs) and said "Thou must-est pimp the ultimate racing sim bunble for it is awesome
ps: if I want to give away some games from it should i choose gift to a friend or reveal steam key and email it to them ?

pps: Free to a good home
Automobilista 2
rFactor 2

Last edited:
The Gaming Gods appeared to me in a vision (note to self must cut down on the drugs) and said "Thou must-est pimp the ultimate racing sim bunble for it is awesome
ps: if I want to give away some games from it should i choose gift to a friend or reveal steam key and email it to them ?
Revealing the key may be safer in two ways: the key is created immediately (Humble has been known to run out of keys) and Humble shouldn’t be able to tell who redeems it (though I guess they can keep refreshing your Steam profile?). I’ve even had a gift link show as already redeemed.

Edit: Very kind of you, Davros.

Last edited:
Back