Star Wars: The Rise of Spoilers and Speculation

One thing that's just amazing is not only how they'd find his saber, but how remarkably close to each other and easy to find everyone seems to be! In a whole galaxy! I mean, yes sci-fi but the galaxy is an awful big place.
In the first movie a young upstart Senator named Leia has a twin brother who is destined to save the galaxy, and she just so happens to be given plans to the deathstar, Leia's republic ship just so happens to gets commandeered by her dad of all people, just so happens to be right above the planet of her twin brother, causing her to jettison the republic plans in an escape pod to a region of the planet that just so happens to be right near her twin brother.

What if the ship was commandeered 30 minutes earlier. Or what if the rotation of Tatooine had been different and the escape pod had been jettisoned to the other side of the planet, . Whats if their inital droid choice from the Jawas before r2d2 hadn't broken down.
What if Luke hadn't accidentally activated that Hologram in R2d2. What if Uncle Owen had let Luke go to the academy 1 year earlier like he originally promised.

Last edited:
In the first movie it just so happens that a young upstart Senator named Leia has a twin brother who is destined to save the galaxy, and she just so happens to be given plans to the deathstar, Leia's republic ship just so happens to gets commandeered by her dad of all people, just so happens to be right above the planet of her twin brother, causing her to jettison the republic plans in an escape pod to a region of the planet right near her twin brother.

What if the ship was commandeered 30 minutes earlier. Or what if the rotation of Tatooine had been different and the escape pod had been jettisoned to the other side of the planet, . Whats if their inital droid choice from the Jawas before r2d2 hadn't broken down.
What if Luke hadn't accidentally activated that Hologram in R2d2. What if Uncle Owen had let Luke go to the academy 1 year earlier like he originally promised.

As one trained in the ways of the Force, you should know that true coincidences are rare.

Basic thoughts on the film:

Star Wars Episode 4: The Remix. Now with better directing!(Let's be honest here. ANH wasn't all that well edited at times{see the obi wan and vader fight. Wasn't just the fragility of the light sticks there that made that fight underwhelming} and definitely had direction issues. Episode 7 doesn't really have them)

Kylo Ren is a huge fucking pussy. He is the pussiest pussy to have ever pussied in the non-EU/Legends continuity. He makes Anakin in Episode 2 and 3 look like a brave warrior. I get that he was supposed to be not anywhere near as intimidating as he first appears when he stops the blaster shot in mid air, but they went too far in it. He didn't come across as a conflicted man, torn between the light side and dark side of a mystical, well, force permeating the universe as well as having big ol' daddy issues. He instead came across as a coward and someone who either was spanked too often by Han or not spanked enough by Leia. He was supposed to be a conflicted and depressed individual, stunted emotionally in his pre-teens or early teens. Instead, Ren's emotional age is somewhere below ten. I'd put it at closer to five. The hair they chose for him was also not a good idea. It re-enforced his emo look.

Massive disappointment that overshadows for me an otherwise good film, and easily better than any of the PT. I still very much enjoyed the film despite me bitching about JJ Abrams in the movies topic(Though I will admit the only reason I saw it is because a friend literally sent me money to see it because he wanted me to see it. He has my paypal address so I literally cannot tell him no. He'll just send the money anyway. I think at this point he literally trolls me with money gifts sometimes), but Kylo Ren is a very, very big flaw in the film that I could easily write an essay on if I wasn't currently sick with a flu that is making it hard to think.

Thought it was super disappointing. The thing barely had an original bone in its body. At least JJ Abrams won't be getting any shit from tumblerites the way Joss Wheedon did for Black Widow. The Rey character didn't excibit the tiniest of weaknesses (and was bland as fuck as a result). Heck, Annakin was essentially fathered by the force, yet even he had to learn his shit the hard way.

Thought it was super disappointing. The thing barely had an original bone in its body. At least JJ Abrams won't be getting any shit from tumblerites the way Joss Wheedon did for Black Widow. The Rey character didn't excibit the tiniest of weaknesses (and was bland as fuck as a result). Heck, Annakin was essentially fathered by the force, yet even he had to learn his shit the hard way.
The only way they might want to try and explain that - if they are going to - is that she was already trained a bit and then somehow 'forgot' after being left all alone in that desert planet where somehow everyone seems to find everyone else without even an inkling of a gps. Which I think might be part of her origin story.

Last edited:
The Rey character didn't excibit the tiniest of weaknesses (and was bland as fuck as a result). Heck, Annakin was essentially fathered by the force, yet even he had to learn his shit the hard way.

No weaknesses? She spent the movie fucking up left and right. The only one to fuck up more was Kylo Ren and pretty much the only reason why she didn't fuck up as much as him was because she apparently is able to learn really, really quick from his incompetent bumblings.

Just like Anakin, in fact. I think you've forgotten, but he rebuilt C3PO as a kid from parts lying around.

As for why people got mad about BW: it was a random forced onto the character romance with the(up until the end of the film) only female Avenger. It was well handled given the total lack of build up prior, but still. I can see why it pissed people off. I didn't mind it so much, but I suspect if the execution had been utter shit, I would have.

I think you need to look closer at why people get mad at stuff, dude. :p

The only way they might want to try and explain that - if they are going to - is that she was already trained a bit and then somehow 'forgot' after being left all alone in that desert planet where somehow everyone seems to find everyone else without even an inkling of a gps. Which I think might be part of her origin story.

JMO regarding her abilities, skill and knowledge, she's basically gonna wind up being Anakin: Less Whiny Edition, Now With Built In Female Reproductive Organs. I'll be very much surprised if they deviate from this.

I hope I'm wrong. The current path I predict is basically an interesting character turned bland and boring.

Last edited:
JMO she's basically gonna wind up being Anakin: Less Whiny Edition, Now With Built In Female Reproductive Organs. I'll be very much surprised if they deviate from this.

I hope I'm wrong. The current path I predict is basically an interesting character turned bland and boring.

Probably with less dark side too, unless they want to make another trilogy after this one.

Dark Side and Whiny go hand in hand with Anakin, IMO. I was more referring to her powers, but I didn't make that clear. sorry. Gonna edit to clarify.

No weaknesses? She spent the movie fucking up left and right. The only one to fuck up more was Kylo Ren and pretty much the only reason why she didn't fuck up as much as him was because she apparently is able to learn really, really quick from his incompetent bumblings.

Just like Anakin, in fact. I think you've forgotten, but he rebuilt C3PO as a kid from parts lying around.

Where did she fuck up? I'm rewinding the movie in my head right now and I cannot think of anything. She was the best mechanic, the best pilot (she outmaneuvered friggin' Tie Fighters in the Millenium Falcon for crying out loud), the best sword fighter, and not only did she pick up force powers over the course of an afternoon, she even overpowered a force user who's been trained at it his entire life. The bumbling fool in the movie was Finn. I guess his role in the movie was to basically make Rey look even more super human. He was fun to watch, though. The humanization of the Storm Troopers was among the few aspects of the movie I genuinely enjoyed (even if it rendered Donald Gleeson's cartoonishly evil "let's party like it's Germany ca. 1939"-speech even more awful). It looked good as well.

Last edited:
At one point, Rey closed the wrong door on that ship that captured the Falcon. That's about all I can think of. And yes, I hated the Nazi reference too.

Another fact from New Hope and New Hope Again Force Awakens: In order to become a Jedi, you have to kill your father, whether you're on the light or the dark side. Yes for different reasons but still funny :)

Back