Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

I Kickstarted for $125 and go the Freelancer. The hangar is pretty smart IMO, a great way of getting people to spend more $$$.

Hell, I just realized that while I kicked in (before they did their Kickstarter), I don't know if I ever created an account or anything. :p

Regards,
SB

I'm not sure if I want to spend money now on a better ship (just have Aurora) or wait till the full game and have the satisfaction of actually working for it in-game. I liked the interview with Chris Roberts in Germany where he describes the WC players that now have careers and families and don't have the time to spend in-game so they can at least get a ship they want. That's me pretty much.

Just a heads up. Life time insurance ends on the 26th of nov. So if anyone wants to buy a ship and was part of the kickstarter , its now or never.

Also if someone wants to get in now , one of the founders (like my self and other sin the thread) can gift you a ship and it retains life time insurance.

Yeah and I really want a Freelancer ship but that's a lot of cash.....

Would u like me to pm u of it goes on sale ?

Thanks for the offer. I'm assuming I'd know though as I'm an early adopter in the original kickstarter. All I have at the moment is the entry level Aurora.

sincerly , i like the design of this project, but the concept of elite: dangerous get all my attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Wing Commander collection, barely played it.
I thoroughly enjoyed Strike Commander though. :)

Always hesitant to pay for more, but I have already gone insane enough to
1/Pay before I try
2/Pay before reviews
3/Fund w/o benefits

That's probably enough madness for a single title.

On the other hand I'm wondering about getting Elite Dangerous... ^^

I think my pledge got me an Orion - I certainly won't put in any more real money to get more ingame stuff. I hope it's gonna be enough to have some fun... When is the final game supposed to come out again? :)

Will you be able to play the Star Citizen part offline? I'm not into MMOs at all. Would never make any progress considering I have a full time job and all.

Also, what is the biggest size ship that you can pilot? Capital ships?

Will you be able to play the Star Citizen part offline? I'm not into MMOs at all. Would never make any progress considering I have a full time job and all.

Also, what is the biggest size ship that you can pilot? Capital ships?

What makes you think you need to not have a job to play an MMO? You can play as much or as little as you want and can probably find many people playing and progressing at a similar pace. Not everyone is trying to be first or best in an MMO and you can have fun without being a top tier achiever.

Or were you just trying to take a poorly aimed cheap shot at MMO's?

I played a couple MMORPG with a job, it's really fine, just decide when and how long your play sessions will be. If you have friends busy with their lives you can just try to sync your play sessions, that's what I do with a few friends, we have a mumble server too, that helps.

What makes you think you need to not have a job to play an MMO? You can play as much or as little as you want and can probably find many people playing and progressing at a similar pace. Not everyone is trying to be first or best in an MMO and you can have fun without being a top tier achiever.

Or were you just trying to take a poorly aimed cheap shot at MMO's?

I guess that was not the right way to put it.

The only MMO I've tried is Guild Wars 2, and I think it's a fantastic game, but I never felt like I was making much progress. I was just another wimp in a world full of other players who were almost universally more powerful and better at the game than me (and invested much, much more time into it).

On the other hand I had a blast playing through Skyrim and Morrowind, and became uber powerful in a small fraction of the time it would take in any MMO.

I don't fancy MMOs, and I feel like I would like them a lot more if I had more time to invest in them, like I did before I had a full time job. To each his own. :)

Yes but is the offline mode just the Squadron 42 part?

Squadron 42 looks awesome but I want some open world goodness.

Back