Sports Champions

I have been thinking about buying this one lately. My sis n nephew visited last weekend and practically spent the whole weekend playing TT in Sports Champions Demo ! They really liked it :) !
But one the other hand, we couldn't defeat the no.2 player "Boomer"'in tge demo at all. Also multiple plays against Boomer showed how much of "asist" was going on in the demo. The game was helping a bit too much in getting our shots right and not missing them. It was annoying after a while, once we got the hang of it. Also, we couldn't defeat Boomer, so I have got serious doubt if we would be able to progress at all if I get the full game :-/ !

Playing Bronze level ?

I think the full game was patched last week to turn off assist. Arwin may be able to confirm.

I have been thinking about buying this one lately. My sis n nephew visited last weekend and practically spent the whole weekend playing TT in Sports Champions Demo ! They really liked it :) !
But one the other hand, we couldn't defeat the no.2 player "Boomer"'in tge demo at all. Also multiple plays against Boomer showed how much of "asist" was going on in the demo. The game was helping a bit too much in getting our shots right and not missing them. It was annoying after a while, once we got the hang of it. Also, we couldn't defeat Boomer, so I have got serious doubt if we would be able to progress at all if I get the full game :-/ !

Bronze level assist in table tennis is relatively high. The latest patch for the game actually allows you to turn off this assist for Bronze level.

If you had problems with the number two player in Bronze, then I think you may have some strange technical issues? Or just suck at table tennis of course, but ... ;) You're playing with the paddle in normal position, or are you holding it up-side-down? The latter doesn't work nearly as well as some people think/claim (in the game mind you, I'm not talking about real life ;) )

If he's playing with assist in Bronze, then I think it may be a distance issue. In particular, if the player can't smash properly, try taking a step back. Bocce, disc golf and archery take less space. If these play fine, then the PSEye should be set up correctly. Otherwise double check the PSEye position (Mine is on top of the TV)

Coule be a distance issue, it isn't very obvious if the ball is near the table or really looking at the TV !

Anyways, it could be simply that none of us has a REAL Table Tennis experience ;) ! From what little I have played in real lofe, its a very very fast game and my reaction times are slow for TT. But the TT in Sports Champions at bronze and that with initial players is slow n fine. Maybe its our no real knowledge of TT tactics thats making us lose, who knows ! Anyways, the flickr image u posted says that TT is the most difficult game in SC , so its not just our family ;) !

Hmmm... it's only difficult at higher levels. I posted a video of the hidden Champions Cup in the Move thread. My 5 year old could complete quite a few Bronze games.

EDIT: Found it !

Back