Splinter Cell 4: Double Agent HDTV Clip - Xbox360

Well I live in the desert and hike or golf in it every week.

guess what... it shimmers and the sky looks white at times. :LOL:

If they were mimicking heat distortion that would be cool, but the shimmering in the video is obviously just crappy filtering . As for the sky, I've seen it look all white when overcast but not all while like in the vid. Granted, I'm not saying it's impossible, just it just doesn't quite jive with my experience of natural.

I thought the vid shown in the thread was pretty amazing (except for some sidenotes and the slow framerate) but when I saw the multiplayer it looked underwhelming. (but with a steady framerate) I've got mixed feelings about this game now.

kyleb said:
As for the sky, I've seen it look all white when overcast but not all while like in the vid. Granted, I'm not saying it's impossible, just it just doesn't quite jive with my experience of natural.

Looks pretty normal to me. Of course I live in an area not too different from what is depicted in the game.

My very own picture.

This game looking great, I like it alot. The only problem is that the AI really not that good and there are alot of cluster and graphic flawed going on. The most noticeable is the Pyshic, to which this game have none at all. I red some quote up there, saying that this game look better than MGS4 trailer... hmmm. I would not go that far, the charactor have good skin texture and all but they seem to look very plastic like. I think this game have great graphic but it just not that great to be compare to MGS4 graphic. The thing that I hate the most about this game is that when that one enimy turn, he turn with his whole body by rotating clock wise. That look horrible, when considering Next Gen game. Last but not lease, they seriously need something in the sky "something better than noting but over expose light right?". Oh yeah, almost forget about "fram rate".

thank you and welcome me. :D

ssj-04 said:
The thing that I hate the most about this game is that when that one enimy turn, he turn with his whole body by rotating clock wise. That look horrible, when considering Next Gen game.
Is there any game that has proper turning? For that you'd need a creature behaviour system like Euphoria, which I don't think anyone is yet using.

Shifty Geezer said:
Is there any game that has proper turning? For that you'd need a creature behaviour system like Euphoria, which I don't think anyone is yet using.
NBA live 07 e3 2006 demo comes to mind. Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, and Naughty Dog's title might have something like that as well.

Shifty Geezer said:

I don't know if it would need a creature behavior system, but it would need to employ some sort of physics system on the characters actual movement, rather than a simple rate and direction calculation. Turning is one factor, other things such as jumping or running over uneven terrain has always bothered me since the actual mass and movement of the body is never accounted for. It's always the same old running animation and only occasionally is the speed of movement altered.

Powderkeg said:
I don't know if it would need a creature behavior system.
I think it would if you want natural. Small turns are done at the waste without moving the feet, whereas larger turns need the feet to move. If you just move the feet it'll still look odd!

Shifty Geezer said:
I think it would if you want natural. Small turns are done at the waste without moving the feet, whereas larger turns need the feet to move. If you just move the feet it'll still look odd!

I don't disagree with that, I just don't think it requires the physics to be tied in to the AI to work like the Euphoria Engine does.

When you make a slight turn you don't just turn at the waist, you rotate your head the most, shoulders a little less, and waist a little less than that, legs to the knees a little less, and finally a slight twist at the ankle and weight shift on the feet.

It's physics, simple calculations of the mass and movement limitations of the body. Similar to Euphoria's engine system, but it doesn't have to be dependent on the AI tie-in.

Shifty Geezer said:

Halo 2 has an approximation to this with the torso turning first, then the legs. If you're standing still, it's a lot more noticeable with the head turning.

Back