Splinter Cell 4: Double Agent HDTV Clip - Xbox360

That looks amazing, especially the texture work and lighting. They've outdone GRAW graphically in only a few months time :oops:

And as for framerate the game still has several months of development left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!

One question though...where's the sky? I mean...my skies don't glow white hot incessantly or really...any length of time! Methinks something's up with that. Still a long time till release though so hopefully that will change.

The game seems...heavy on the action right now. I hope they retain the stealth side with this game. Not that the action has to go...I just don't want SC: DA to lose the identity of the SC series.

Looks nice, but the self-shadow aliasing is pretty bad. I hope they fix that and the framerate. I wonder what they've been working on since they announced the delayed release date.

does nobody look on the floor? the texture shimmering is more than obvious, seems like an extremly over optimized pattern to me...

You are trying too hard to look for flaws... Other then the framerate on occasion, I didn't see anything wrong with it...

This looks great :oops: Really intense atmosphere as well. I guess we're going to see a lot more "realistic" war fields in next generation games.

If all games are going to be 30 fps, at least they should add Motion Blur to those games. The games showing MB/DOF make a lot of difference with last gen, thanx to the animation and the image quality ( just look at Valve's portal video, not much on the screen but lightning/Motion blur make the game look really nice )

There is definitely DOF in the video, at least I think I see it. But yeah, as a first iteration on next gen hardware, I'd say they've done a pretty good job so far.

Jesus2006 said:
does nobody look on the floor? the texture shimmering is more than obvious, seems like an extremly over optimized pattern to me...

Yes, and I don't know how others could overlook it when half the screen is shimmering.

Looks ok. Lightning is nice, but the framerate is atrocious, and there´s tons of shimmering and I don´t know why the game feels so empty, never felt like much of a war. Nice textures though.

chroniceyestrain said:
Yes, and I don't know how others could overlook it when half the screen is shimmering.

Well for you and... uh... jesus. the video is only captured at 15 fps and for some reason doesn't even look like it was captured at the right resoloution. It's too blurry for a 720p video imo.

Qroach said:
Well for you and... uh... jesus. the video is only captured at 15 fps and for some reason doesn't even look like it was captured at the right resoloution. It's too blurry for a 720p video imo.

Oh, come on, the shimmering is painfully obvious.

Qroach said:
The video is 29.97fps and I can capture a video directly at 720p and make it look even blurrier, it's called lossy compression. That won't make the ground shimmer like that though, the ground shimmering is just part of the game at this point anyway.

kyleb said:
The video is 29.97fps and I can capture a video directly at 720p and make it look even blurrier, it's called lossy compression. That won't make the ground shimmer like that though, the ground shimmering is just part of the game at this point anyway.

media player 10 reported that for me when I last looked and now it say its 29fps.

Back