Spider-Man 2 [PS5]

Did you play rift apart btw?

Just some bits of it. Not enought to spot much of the writing qualities. But the themes of "friends good" "family good" were telegraphed preety heavy handedly at the start. But not playing the whole thing, I dont know if that was just lack of subtlety or calculated misdirection.

Just some bits of it. Not enought to spot much of the writing qualities. But the themes of "friends good" "family good" were telegraphed preety heavy handedly at the start. But not playing the whole thing, I dont know if that was just lack of subtlety or calculated misdirection.

Some of the writing is extremly cringy. It seems like some part of it is meant to be funny, but its anything but. A game like that doesnt need rick and morty level of cynisism, but it can be written in a way thats funny for many age groups, I think the new mario movie did that extremly well.

Ok, one of the most engaging and exciting sidequest ever! Spoiler alert so I´ll use the spoiler tag.
I thought that one was great too. It may be your volume was very low, but I was playing with headphones and there is very muted and muffled audio during that mission. I really like what they've done with the side activities in SM2, there are lots of them but a good diversity. So rather than 30x do this, there are 7 or 8 do this and many have their own variations so they're not all identical.

Ok, just finished the main plotline, and got through the 18 endings. Absolutely insane. The blockbustiest blockbuster videogame ever, no wonder the animation data takes up so much space, they has to be 30+ setpiece moments in this, and they just get more over the top as the game goes on.

Extremely schmaltzy during the end and just goes laughably outrageous, yeah there's no saving this writing, but whatever. Big dumb and loud, I'm here for the spectacle and the punching, and probably delivers that better than any other game I've played. I'm actually astonished they did this in 3 years, that's a damn tight ship at Insomniac. I've regretted paying full price for the few games that I do that for, but definitely not this one.

Ok, just finished the main plotline, and got through the 18 endings. Absolutely insane. The blockbustiest blockbuster videogame ever, no wonder the animation data takes up so much space, they has to be 30+ setpiece moments in this, and they just get more over the top as the game goes on.

Extremely schmaltzy during the end and just goes laughably outrageous, yeah there's no saving this writing, but whatever. Big dumb and loud, I'm here for the spectacle and the punching, and probably delivers that better than any other game I've played. I'm actually astonished they did this in 3 years, that's a damn tight ship at Insomniac. I've regretted paying full price for the few games that I do that for, but definitely not this one.
18 endings???? What do you mean 18 endings??

Finished the main story, was great. Still have side stuff to do.
I finished this yesterday with a few side missions (nests, birds) to do but I probably won't as I got my fill out of it. I really enjoyed it although some of the battles at the end were too long and existed only to break up narrative and cut scenes. Long before the end of the game, you'll have learned how to use the environment and mange waves of enemies so it's not challenging, it's just loooooong.

And we now know..
..who the third spidey will be in Spider-Man 3. It will be Cindy.

I finished this yesterday with a few side missions (nests, birds) to do but I probably won't as I got my fill out of it. I really enjoyed it although some of the battles at the end were too long and existed only to break up narrative and cut scenes. Long before the end of the game, you'll have learned how to use the environment and mange waves of enemies so it's not challenging, it's just loooooong.

And we now know..
..who the third spidey will be in Spider-Man 3. It will be Cindy.

I don't even remember who Cindy is ^^

I thought that one was great too. It may be your volume was very low, but I was playing with headphones and there is very muted and muffled audio during that mission. I really like what they've done with the side activities in SM2, there are lots of them but a good diversity. So rather than 30x do this, there are 7 or 8 do this and many have their own variations so they're not all identical.

I was laying on the sarcamism pretty thick, so I dont think you missed that =)
But you genuinely enjoyed that sidemission? You didnt find the gameplay tedious or the writing cringy and condescending?

It seems to my they utilize ray tracing where it has big impact on visuals considering its an open-world city game: the skyscrapers and cars. Can anyone more knowlegdable confirm this?

Back