Sperm donor donates even more than he bargained for

Druga Runda

Sleepy Substitute
Regular
Sperm donor must pay maintenance
A Swedish man who donated sperm to a lesbian couple has been ordered to pay child support for their three children.
In the early 1990s the man, now 39, donated his sperm to a woman in a lesbian relationship. She had three sons, the oldest of whom is now 13 years old.
Although the man signed a document confirming he was the biological father of the children, he told the court the women agreed he would not be involved in their upbringing in any way.
But when the women separated, the biological mother of the three boys demanded child support payments from the man.
He went to court but lost the case and the subsequent appeal before taking the matter to the Supreme Court, the highest appeals court in the country.
The Supreme Court has confirmed the earlier rulings, stating that the biological father is required to pay child support to the mother of the three children he indirectly fathered

now why didn't they go for the other partner in the lesbian couple? this is discrimation against men plain and simple :devilish:

Mistake #1he told the court the women agreed he would not be involved in their upbringing in any way. (he beleived a women).

Mistake #2 He believed a 'gay' women.

Hahahaha stupid idiot! I feel sorry for the poor kids!

Why isn't the "breadwinner" lesbian required to pay this support? Why aren't the women's groups protesting this blatant sexism, treating the female "deadbeat dad" as weak and incapable of being held responsible?

I love how women get all the choices in the world about whether to become a parent or not, but in the case of a man, even if he contributed only DNA samples at the behest of a female only couple, whereby it was understood that he was not a legal parent, and probably not even WANTED as a parental contributor, effectively has no choice, and there is no statute of limitations either.

Sounds like this guy was just sloppy and didn't get it in writing that he was a sperm donor. His own fault really. You can't just go inseminating women willy-nilly!

DudeMiester said:
Sounds like this guy was just sloppy and didn't get it in writing that he was a sperm donor. His own fault really. You can't just go inseminating women willy-nilly!

Yep you can't go around sleeping with every test tube you meet.

Yup. There's no way this could have been ruled another way. Had the insemination been handled properly, legally registered and everything, rather than doing it privately at home, there wouldn't have been any problem. Who's deemed to be the father is based on the biological factor, not who actually takes care of the kid, unless you legally adopt a kid and so on.

Eh men are screwed no matter what they do .

I say get fixed and not worry about these things .

Why isn't the "breadwinner" lesbian required to pay this support? Why aren't the women's groups protesting this blatant sexism, treating the female "deadbeat dad" as weak and incapable of being held responsible?

I love how women get all the choices in the world about whether to become a parent or not, but in the case of a man, even if he contributed only DNA samples at the behest of a female only couple, whereby it was understood that he was not a legal parent, and probably not even WANTED as a parental contributor, effectively has no choice, and there is no statute of limitations either.
That's quite upsetting. Don't know if its gonna change either.

They get mouthy and you cant slap em around without someone trying to fuck you up the ass. There is no such equality. :cry:

Druga Runda said:
this is discrimation against men plain and simple :devilish:

Heh, welcome to the real world :)

We're always the stupid unless we take care and avoid doing such silly things. You're your own best friend, y'know...

One day a man is going to get smart and start suing left and right and then men will finaly have equal rights .

no i'm talking a strait man .

I think men are second class people .

The power is in the hands of the women all across the land even if men on average do make more money . The only reason we do is so that when women dick us over they can get more money in support payments

Yes, divorce law and reproductive rights definitely favor women. No question about it. That is why before you get married and/or have kids you need to take a hard long look at who it is you're doing this with. She can screw you over big time.

IIRC:
One important factor here is that at the time the donation was done, you couldn't officially donate sperm to a lesbian couple. So it wasn't possible to sign some paper to become just a donor. I don't remember if it was possible for a lesbian couple to adopt a kid either.
(In fact, I don't know if any of those option are available now either.)

The donation was made privately, and based on trust. (BIG misstake.)

He should sue for custody. If he wins he can sue her for support, if he loses he can plead poverty from the legal fees. :D

jvd said:
no i'm talking a strait man .

I think men are second class people .

The power is in the hands of the women all across the land even if men on average do make more money . The only reason we do is so that when women dick us over they can get more money in support payments

not to say the ruling was right or i agree with it, seperate from that, but you should see how women were treated by men for hundreds of years. And there are still many countries, primarily places like china and the middle east, where women being treated like dirt is a common occurance.

Personally i think the laws are simply behind the times and need updating. I wouldnt blame the opposite sex for the shortcomings of the judicial system which is exploited every day by men and women alike.

Back