Speakers

Dresden

Celebrating Mediocrity
Veteran
I just got a new pair of Klipsch speakers, the 2.1's and after restoring my computer from a transfer from another location, upon startup i realized my left channel wasn't producing any sound. Now I know Klipsch is NOTORIOUS for speakers blowing out, for I am an owner of the 5.1's, but i JUST got these, literally one week ago, and I don't see how it's physically possible for them to have blown in this amount of time. Now I switched the cable around on the back, and i received sound from the left channel, yet none from the RIGHT this time. Is this a matter of the cables?

Thank you-

Norton

Either the cable, or some software fader is stuck all the way to one side somewhere.

it seems all my connections aren't loose and the speaker setting is set on desktop speakers, which is the equivilent of 2.1's. If I have to replace the cable what kind do i buy?

Jim Norton said:
it seems all my connections aren't loose and the speaker setting is set on desktop speakers, which is the equivilent of 2.1's. If I have to replace the cable what kind do i buy?

What do you mean by "connections not loose"? The cable might still be faulty, it's nothing you could see from the outside. Get a continuity tester and check the cables, that's the easiest option.

Back