Sony: PS3 Issues 'Resolved', 1mil By End Of 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in:

Blu Ray standalone players have mysteriously stopped shipping. Stay tuned...

If you're suggesting they're using those blu ray diodes for PS3 it's not like they're going to solve their problems.We're talking about less than 100k diodes probably.

I think the funniest bit is "in the pipeline"... Which means that by 31st Dec there will be 1M PS3's in the factory, being assembled... :LOL:

Oh for God's sake, can't Sony just ask Santa for a few million blue diodes? They gotta come from somewhere!

:D

They havent exactly been "nice" all year :p . False promises/predictions, arrogancy and degrading rival consoles in interviews, etc.
Oh yeah, theyre definately on the naughty list :LOL:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he says they're sticking with their original estimates. Then, he says of having 1mil in the "pipeline" by the end of 06. Ummmm.....the original estimates were MUCH higher and they never said anything about this mysterious "pipeline"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he says they're sticking with their original estimates. Then, he says of having 1mil in the "pipeline" by the end of 06. Ummmm.....the original estimates were MUCH higher and they never said anything about this mysterious "pipeline"

The original schedule was 4 million units by the end of the calendar year, 6 million units by the end of March.The current schedule is reversed, 2 million units by the end of the calendar year and 6 million units by the end of March.
Karraker is talking about having 1 million units in the making for the US market by the end of the year (with supposedly an other million for Japan? :D).
But we all know that they're going to end the year with about 1-1.1 million worldwide at best which would mean a sharp increase in production in December anyway although it's too late to make important sales this year.

The PS3 launch is a fiasco of epic proportions.

Mmm.. dunno about that... A "fiasco of epic proportions" would have been if they only sold half the units they supplied!

As it is, the launch was actually quite successful in itself - as in, they sold out everything. What is a fiasco is the manufacturing process, which then again can be argued otherwise, as Sony is the only one who is actually trying to make one machine with all that stuff crammed into one box. I would have loved to see anyone else doing the same, and releasing at the price Sony is releasing the PS3 at.

EDIT: Ok we can go back to taking the piss out of Sony now, 3 minutes of seriousness were enough for this thread :LOL:

, as Sony is the only one who is actually trying to make one machine with all that stuff crammed into one box. I would have loved to see anyone else doing the same, and releasing at the price Sony is releasing the PS3 at.

Huh?

The only real difference in price compared to the X360 is the bluray drive. Cut the R&D for the Xenos, revert it to a gimped x1900xtx, put in a Cell, and a HD-DVD drive and your there.

Huh?

The only real difference in price compared to the X360 is the bluray drive. Cut the R&D for the Xenos, revert it to a gimped x1900xtx, put in a Cell, and a HD-DVD drive and your there.

you think microsoft could suply millions of bluelasers for HDDVD in a few months?

you think microsoft could suply millions of bluelasers for HDDVD in a few months?

Considering their HD-DVD partner is Toshiba and they would be the one manufacturing it, yes. Much more so than Sony is able to produce the bluray laser diodes, which apparently they havent managed to produce more than 400k of since august.

I think everyone has spoke one's mind about it. From here on, it'd be only downhill. Thus locked.

Well, I just want to add (since I didn't get in before the lock), that by iron-clad contrarian logic that the total cynicism in this thread proves we're probably positioned for an actual significant improvement in Sony's production ramping. That's the way these things work, y'know. So instead of being at 1/4 of projected full capacity maybe they'll hit 1/2 soon. Woot, woot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back