Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

Seems its only value is to PS5 owning PSVR2 owners who can now get added value from their headset if they have a gaming PC. Perhaps Sony have blocked features to reduce PC appeal as they don't want to undermine the PS5+PSVR option and don't want PC owners buying their headset at cost without Sony getting anything for that?

What they need is a VR store (heck, a full PS store) on PC with cross-buy and monetise PC gamers directly. Then develop key VR titles and become the home of VR.

It's funny that Sony have released a product to make the psvr2 run on pc yet if someone released a product to allow their vr headset to run on ps5 they would block it

PSVR2 is still interesting I think. It will be a relatively cheap OLED option with substantially higher resolution than most other OLED gear.

Some of the other features seem like they would need game support. PC VR is mostly a world of Quest-focused game support now because of the audience numbers, so unless PSVR2 becomes very popular on SteamVR that isn't going to happen. I am curious to see how well they get their controllers working with the SteamVR back catalog. Controller compatibility is quite a problem on SteamVR.

Last edited:
Saw this
Players will also need a commercially available DisplayPort cable (sold separately) that is compatible with DisplayPort 1.4, as well as a Steam account and a PC
Does that mean pc vr games that dont use steam wont work ?

Saw this

Does that mean pc vr games that dont use steam wont work ?
“The PlayStation VR2 PC adapter launches August 7, letting players expand their game library with thousands of SteamVR titles. http://play.st/4e3vDmB

It's funny that Sony have released a product to make the psvr2 run on pc yet if someone released a product to allow their vr headset to run on ps5 they would block it
You know this how?

Sony has compatibility with many third party options, controllers, wheels, and so on. Also the expendable storage is not proprietary, are you sure you are not thinking about Xbox?

And they all have to pay, that's why many controllers and wheels don't work on a playstation Sony block them
Thats rather common practice for all companies. For example Fanatec wheels for playstation you have to use certified compatible wheel base but any wheel rim will work without exceptions. On xbox is opposite, any wheel base will work but you have to use certified wheel rim. Not sure how is at Nintendo but would guess not better.

so PS VR2 with PC adapter is only for Steam games? ... no YouTube VR or anything else?

If they say it works with Steam, you should have access to absolutely everything. SteamVR gives you OpenVR and OpenXR compatibility and software outside of Steam can interface with it.

Last edited:
If they say it works with Steam, you should have access to absolutely everything. SteamVR gives you OpenVR and OpenXR compatibility and software outside of Steam can interface with it.
cool, I always wanted to try VR but wanted something that will work on both PS and PC, so this adapter should solve it.

cool, I always wanted to try VR but wanted something that will work on both PS and PC, so this adapter should solve it.
I think it's a no brainer if you have a capable PC and are getting into PSVR2 anyway.

Maybe Revive will work with it too.

Last edited:
@novcze psvr1's (or quest 2's) work with p.c's and you can get them second hand for quiet cheap If you just wanted to try vr to see if it's something you like that is a cheap way of doing it

Back