Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

For me it is the exact opposite, also quest 3 is less comfortable in my opinion. However the color passthrough is nice

I've never tried PSVR2 but I'd be amazed if it were not more comfortable than the stock Quest 3 strap which is pretty uncomfortable IMO. The thing with Q3 though is that there are a huge amount of 3rd party options which can vastly improve the experience.

As to the image quality I can't comment but certainly Digitial Foundries John Linneman seems to agree with @Karamazov position there. It would stand to reason given it has higher resolution panels with better quality lenses. Although the OLED is certainly a nice feature of PSVR2.

No hybrid version of new Astrobot is kiss of death for psvr2. Sad, hw was there but lack of support from Sony just after year of release is more than disappointing.

The Alien: Rogue Incursion video is at least promising. If Survios can pull together a solid story and gameplay. I think it also looks pretty good for a Quest 3 mutiplatform game.

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
No hybrid version of new Astrobot is kiss of death for psvr2. Sad, hw was there but lack of support from Sony just after year of release is more than disappointing.
I'm not sure that's that definitive. This game looks more like a port of Astro Bots Mission Rescue to flat, judging from many of the boss battles shown being exactly the same! Plus the Dual Sense controller is not tracked so they would need to create a very different control scheme for PSVR2. I see it as just a quick cash grab given the popularity of the freely bundled Astro Bot game with PS5. I doubt this game has been in production for a long time given the content they adapted from the PSVR1 version.

If anything I hope with Jim Ryan gone the two new CEO's begin to give PSVR2 more love...

I'm not sure that's that definitive. This game looks more like a port of Astro Bots Mission Rescue to flat, judging from many of the boss battles shown being exactly the same! Plus the Dual Sense controller is not tracked so they would need to create a very different control scheme for PSVR2. I see it as just a quick cash grab given the popularity of the freely bundled Astro Bot game with PS5. I doubt this game has been in production for a long time given the content they adapted from the PSVR1 version.
They could just made vr 3rd person mode, you dont need to track dualsense for that (gt7 example). Imo if this game doesnt get vr mode none of any sony game will.

They could just made vr 3rd person mode, you dont need to track dualsense for that (gt7 example)
Yes, but the whole magic with Astro Bot Rescue Mission included the controller being tracked for some of its gameplay. It would feel like a regression to just use the controller in a more passive way. Plus the game was clearly built with 360 degrees in mind, something that does not seem to be the case here, where all movement seems to be going forward. That would be incredibly dull in VR.

Yes, but the whole magic with Astro Bot Rescue Mission included the controller being tracked for some of its gameplay. It would feel like a regression to just use the controller in a more passive way. Plus the game was clearly built with 360 degrees in mind, something that does not seem to be the case here, where all movement seems to be going forward. That would be incredibly dull in VR.
yeah but most psvr players understand market is small and we didnt even expected vr only titles, vr mode would be enough (and should be in most sony titles !) but we dont get even that, sad:(

I never played Astro Bot on PSVR1. Maybe I will check it out next time I have that all set up.

So those features are literally impossible to access?

For crossover PSVR2/PC titles, I would have thought maybe these could be included with official support.

hmm sure these features will be unlocked by modders in less than a week after the adapter releases.
I wonder if the adapter is actually encoding into h265 or something. Basically psvr2 acts like oculus link.

And the dongle Sony made, uses hw e coder that's so cheap, it doesn't support hdr encoding

seriously where are the games Sony ? i'm god damn playing wipeout PSP in "VR" on the Quest 3, and it's still a better experience than no wipeout at all on PSVR2, they could just re re release wipeout VR from PSVR1 in 4k graphics and i would re-buy it instantly !

Back