Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

One can only assume they'll be pricing this competitively. I wonder what the minimum price is at zero margin?

i'd guess no SoC and no battery should keep the price inferior to the Quest 2, wonder how expensive eye tracking is though.

Which of the games in that video are the most exciting to you guys?

I'm unsure about that Horizon game. Seems a little bit "guided tour". Walking Dead hopefully has some changes from the original game because as much as I liked it that had some fundamental design problems. Star Wars looks interesting. RE4 should be good. As for the multiplayer stuff I have yet to want to play VR long enough to get into something multiplayer heh.

Their comparing to stand-alone solutions lol.
Once again, VR is more than the hardware driving the software. You seem to have trouble understanding that. It's also about the comfort, the optics, the field of view, tracking and even resolution. All that can be compared without even looking at the software available or what the computing hardware can do. PSVR1 is driven by a console significantly more powerful than the hardware driving the Quest 2 and yet the latter is more comfortable on the eyes due to a clearer, less pixelated image, even if the software itself is graphically less detailed. Seriously, just try VR already and you will see what we mean.

Once again, VR is more than the hardware driving the software. You seem to have trouble understanding that. It's also about the comfort, the optics, the field of view, tracking and even resolution. All that can be compared without even looking at the software available or what the computing hardware can do. PSVR1 is driven by a console significantly more powerful than the hardware driving the Quest 2 and yet the latter is more comfortable on the eyes due to a clearer, less pixelated image, even if the software itself is graphically less detailed. Seriously, just try VR already and you will see what we mean.

No, what i mean is the comparison is off since their advertising with that 1500 dollar price for the meta VR, you seem to have trouble understanding that, a large part is due to it being a stand-alone kit versus the PS5's where you need the 600 dollar machine aswell.
You might want to try different VR solutions to understand these things abit more clearly.

No, what i mean is the comparison is off since their advertising with that 1500 dollar price for the meta VR, you seem to have trouble understanding that, a large part is due to it being a stand-alone kit versus the PS5's where you need the 600 dollar machine aswell.
You might want to try different VR solutions to understand these things abit more clearly.
You never mentioned the price on your original post, only "stand alone solutions". The Quest 2 is a stand alone solution that was released at £299 and is still the best selling VR Headset ever. Regardless of that, your reply makes no sense whatsoever and is obviously trying to use my own words against me in an ironic way. Especially since you are the one who admitted to not use VR at all. As for me I've tried and owned PSVR, PCVR and standalone headsets, so I'm covered thanks and obviously know more than you what I'm talking about.

Which of the games in that video are the most exciting to you guys?

I'm unsure about that Horizon game. Seems a little bit "guided tour". Walking Dead hopefully has some changes from the original game because as much as I liked it that had some fundamental design problems. Star Wars looks interesting. RE4 should be good. As for the multiplayer stuff I have yet to want to play VR long enough to get into something multiplayer heh.
Horizon and both Resident Evils (tough not sure if not too scary for me ;d). Firewall ultra remaster and Ghost of Tabor also looks interesting.

PSVR2 is OLED, slightly higher resolution, slightly wider FOV and has higher refresh. I probably won't buy another LCD HMD.

But really at this point I think FOV is the problem to solve in VR. 110 is definitely not good enough.

There's a lot that this is missing. The Quest Pro controllers also feature haptic feedback as well as a "squeeze" control with varying levels of pressure.

They don't even mention the inside sensors, 5 on the Quest Pro (eye and face tracking) and unknown on the PSVR2 (eye tracking). The facial tracking is to allow more accurate mapping of facial motions to avatars, important for one of its targeted market segments (businesses where face to face meetings are important). No mention of the relatively high resolution color video passthrough or the environment mapping that the Quest Pro has for AR applications.

Nor that the controller is smaller and lighter than either the Quest 2 or the PSVR2 as it does away with the outer ring since it has cameras in the controllers for enhanced tracking.

They are, however, quite correct that Quest Pro and PSVR2 won't be competing for the same customers as they target 2 entirely different market segments.

Regards,
SB

They don't even mention the inside sensors, 5 on the Quest Pro (eye and face tracking) and unknown on the PSVR2 (eye tracking). The facial tracking is to allow more accurate mapping of facial motions to avatars, important for one of its targeted market segments (businesses where face to face meetings are important)
In the case of Meta’s new headset, it’ll also be able to read your expressions, which will be reflected within virtual worlds.

Probably gonna be used by virtual youtubers to make a more emotive expression.

Assuming the data is easy to tap, and funneled into standard Vtuber tools

You never mentioned the price on your original post, only "stand alone solutions". The Quest 2 is a stand alone solution that was released at £299 and is still the best selling VR Headset ever. Regardless of that, your reply makes no sense whatsoever and is obviously trying to use my own words against me in an ironic way. Especially since you are the one who admitted to not use VR at all. As for me I've tried and owned PSVR, PCVR and standalone headsets, so I'm covered thanks and obviously know more than you what I'm talking about.

With stand-alone i ment its a complete kit without the need for a main device, which has to be calculated into the price. That 1500 dollar VR headset is for a different market aswell.

Back