Sony Gamescom 2013 conference

PSN seems to be more lax than MS iirc. Just a storefront and a credit card processor, no?

Haha, no !

PSN will also need some sort of basic/advanced multi-domain security system to exchange tokens with Steam, Origin and other networks. It's part of but separate from Sony Entertainment Network. Not sure if they are consolidating all the Sony pieces.

Also has cloud storage, and real time user info publishing, etc.

Vita has its own PSN infrastructure that's integrated with PS3's infrastructure.

The new PS4 platform will have more stuff. Gaikai's requirements will be quite different for example. I think they also partner with Rackspace (sp?) for cloud gaming stuff, Twitch for live streaming, so on and so forth.

Haha, no !

PSN will also need some sort of basic/advanced multi-domain security system to exchange tokens with Steam, Origin and other networks. It's part of but separate from Sony Entertainment Network. Not sure if they are consolidating all the Sony pieces.

Also has cloud storage, and real time user info publishing, etc.

Vita has its own PSN infrastructure that's integrated with PS3's infrastructure.

The new PS4 platform will have more stuff. Gaikai's requirements will be quite different for example. I think they also partner with Rackspacr (sp?) for cloud gaming stuff.

Rackspace. They're a pretty big cloud hosting company.

>_<" How is it that GAF is better than Sony executives themselves in announcing Playstation stuff ?

In the event, the presenter (forgot his name) only mentioned PS4 for Minecraft.

May be I heard it wrong again. I missed the following info too. For a PS4 buyer, that's important info. I only remember he talked about 15 exclusive games in Gamescom. But I need info on other games as well.

33 PS4 titles scheduled to launch before the end of the year
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656503

Not sure how i feel about Shadow of the beast
Being a Amiga 500 owner from the 80s. For people who weren't around then shadow of the beast was THE game that defined the Amiga. So it's huge news. But I'm sort of the opinion that they shouldnt renew old franchises be they games or films. Its best to let the elite's the manic miner's the knight lore's pass away

Lot's of indie titles, but besides that, it was a really boring event. I'm personally tired of seeing the same three first party games being shown in the last 3 events. I was expecting at least one new first party title announcement from either Naughty Dog, Santa Monica or Media Molecule, instead of being told that they are actually working on PS4 titles. Even a gameplay trailer of The Order 1883, the RAD game, would have been a nice addition to the conference, instead of Killzone, Knack and Infamous.

Skipping through now. So far, meh. UI was okay, although not classy like XMB. Functionality looked similar. Hopefully it can be skinned to look better.

Shadow of the Beast was just a meaningless trailer, which lacked the spirit of the original. If they could secure a load of Amiga remakes, they'd attract a strong following, I guess, but calling a GOW clone 'Shadow of the Beast' isn't going to do it.

RIME looked great.

The live view of online games with the option to join is potentially excellent, if you can find games and join from the main console interface instead of ghastly lobbies and waiting, but it'd need to be engineered incredibly well to allow the versatility it'd warrant (selection of filters before finding games). Virgin Media partnership is useful for the lies of myself where they aren't available...

Most importantly though, the camera is a complete waste of time. It'll have one function, the Play Room, and otherwise sit there uselessly. At least going by what Sony have shown. I was playing Tumble on a 3D TV for the first time today. Just like EyeToy, Sony have forsaken something they spent a lot of effort developing because they gotten bored of it. Richard Marks job is great in what he gets to do, but it must be pretty demoralising that Sony have such a lack-lustre interest in his creations and will never back them properly.

Very good press-conference for us Playstation-people, not much repeat from E3 in regards to announcents - total of like 2 minutes of repeat trailers, and demonstartion of features. :-/ Except Ubisoft-section where abit boring during the sea-part of AC3, but remote play ran smoothly over wifi.

GT6 coming at 6th December, LBP Hub coming for free to PS3. :)
New italian IP - Musaki Baby - didn't really catch me with the artstyle, seemed like a mix between Limbo and that launch-vita-game, with the two baloon-people. Old Psygnosis franchise Shadow of the Beast resurected for PS4, will be interesting to see how that turns out nowadays. Also a new studio doing it, but trailer looked cool, and Aarbhron looked really good.
Big Fest sounds like an amazing idea, I hope they are inspired by old Amiga-classics such as 'A rockstar ate my hamster'. :D

Both PS3 and PSVita got price-cuts, confirmation of PS4-releasedate in Europe.
And pricecuts on memory-cards aswell.

Many new games on all platforms, lot's of game-trailers were shown after the conference when waiting for the dev-discussion afterwards, wich didn't get shown on conference, some games were announced but had new trailers I think.
Like Ratchet & Clank: Nexus for PS3, but quite a few I weren't aware were coming, like Flower HD for Vita.

Two best PS-Shmup at PS4-launchday.
One of the highest rated PSP-game on metacritic, get's a sequel with Velocity X2 and Superstardust get a spiritual sequel Resogun wich also is free for PSN+ users on launch, and you get a 14 day subscription on day one, so that will be tested. Both at launch.

Gravity Crash Ultra is a game wich were announced today, but not shown in press-conference, wich I'm looking really forward to aswell.
A very underated franchise, I think it's a 2014 title tough - Cold Storage/Tim Wright does the music. Probably the best videogame-musican, behind classics like Agony, Shadow of the Beast, Wipeout, Sodium, etc.
Game also have cloud sharing between levels created on PS3/Vita, 60 FPS, Native vita-resolution.

That Hellsquad looked abit interesting.
Lot's' of other great indie-lineup with Fez 2, Hotline Miami, N++, Minecraft, Volume (I hope it's as good as his last game wich were great), Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, Binding of Isach reimagined, Rogue legacy, Wasteland Kings, and something unknown wich I tought sounded really interesting 'Starbound'.

Also Eufloria HD and Flower is coming to Vita, in addition to all the stuff they showed at E3, like Transistor and that forrest hunter game, and Octodad. :p

And finally some really good major non-independent studio entering Vita-space, with Sports Interactive and Football Manager. And cloud-transfer between Vita and PC-game. :)
Lego studio also is the good studio, I think they port over the console version of Lego marvel Hunter, to Vita aswell.. :)
Borderlands 2, is the Divekick-people Ironman studios, and part of Xdev I think, wich is porting. Should be in good hands.

That new openworld adventure-game seemed to look good, but think it's pretty far away since they said they were early in developement.

A few other things, wich didn't interest me as much, like discounts and save-transfer on double-dipping AC3, CoD, Watchdogs, and Fifa. But all in all, I tought it were a really good show, with lot's of new games. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Q/A

Jump to the 27:00 minute.

Edit : Spoiler alert if you havent played The Last of Us, jump to the 31:30

According to PSU
United States
Canada
United Kingdom
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Guatemala
Mexico
Panama
Peru

My own nation Norway, and south america before Japan.. Crazy.. :)
Probably coordinate PR with TGS, or want to have a big japaneese game at launch while allowing westerners to buy now when CoD & co is coming out. :-/

A brief look at the PS4 UI when Shuhei demoed KZ4:

It is kinda like XMB. :p

I am very curious how he was controlling the pointer when he was selecting letters and words on the displayed keyboard. It looked like a mouse. Or was it just the analogue stick?

:LOL:

Whv45Zt.png

Back