Sony financial report Q2 2008

but until MS revise their live charges and improves the consoles reliability, I won't be 'jumping in'.

Don't you think they have already improved the reliability? The truth is they have, greatly.
I agree that Silver members should be allowed to play in Xbox Live imo the current system is stupid. MS should think something else to provide extra value for Gold customers, but now people already paid for the system, paid for the game and pay for the internet connection so it's kind of lame that you have pay to play also. You can get 13 months of live for little over 30€ so in my opinion it could easily be great value even if gaming was not one of the gold features. Demos could be timed exlusive for Gold members and some other exlusive content would make me happily pay for it. I hope they change this.

Don't you think they have already improved the reliability? The truth is they have, greatly.
I agree that Silver members should be allowed to play in Xbox Live imo the current system is stupid. MS should think something else to provide extra value for Gold customers, but now people already paid for the system, paid for the game and pay for the internet connection so it's kind of lame that you have pay to play also. You can get 13 months of live for little over 30€ so in my opinion it could easily be great value even if gaming was not one of the gold features. Demos could be timed exlusive for Gold members and some other exlusive content would make me happily pay for it. I hope they change this.

Time will tell on reliability, but that's only one of my bug bears! The other thing with live is that I (who plays online VERY infrequently) pay the same price as someone who plays 24/7 - I think maybe a 'time card' would be a good option - say £1 per hour, you could log onto you account with your 'time card' and log off when done. Then I could let my son use the same card.

I should make it clear that I'd love to buy an X360 but just cann't justify it, hell I sold mine because of the live charge system and the fear of reliability.

And sony is at 3 years with 18m sold

I'm not even going to begin discussing the rest of the points, but this one is false ... PS3 launched in November 2006 in the U.S. and Japan, and in March 2007 in Europe.

I should make it clear that I'd love to buy an X360 but just cann't justify it, hell I sold mine because of the live charge system and the fear of reliability.

Enough of the who's buying what consoles and why discussion; this thread is financials, not a console preference/value thread. Alstrong hinted at this pretty strongly I feel already in post #50. ;)

I'm not even going to begin discussing the rest of the points, but this one is false ... PS3 launched in November 2006 in the U.S. and Japan, and in March 2007 in Europe.

Its 3 years old in the same way the xbox 360 is 4 years old

Quote:
MS on the other hand has spent the last 7-8 years building their division for a platform that sold 25 million console over its first 4 years. MS spent its early years throwing money at the division only to find little returns. Look at MS's approach of late, its practically the total opposite versus the xbox 1's early days in terms of lavishing the division with resources.

And sony is at 3 years with 18m sold dispite having two generations of over 100m consoles sold. Look at sony its competely gone back on what it did in the psone and pstwo eras which was to buy exclusives. Ms on the other hand doesn't have to keep flushing money down the drain like they did the first time and are able to spend it on exclusives be it third party games or third party dlc . They went the smart road this time while sony is now having massive trouble with the ps3 hardware wise and are now paying for it

The 360 launched in Nov 2005. It is now Nov 2008. I don't get 4 years out of that math either. But you only pick up on one mistake heh.

Its 3 years old in the same way the xbox 360 is 4 years old

The 360 launched in Nov 2005. It is now Nov 2008. I don't get 4 years out of that math either. But you only pick up on one mistake heh.

No one can be bothered to keep up correcting all random numbers you keep generating, like the 18 million and 25 million figures in the post you quoted.

If you would try to keep your posts based on real facts you may gain some credibility.

@Ostepop: eastmen was actually refering to GT5 Prologue from my previous post, but honestly I doubt he knew there was a difference between GT5 and GT5 Prologue, so the writing mistake is understandable.

I think that a relevant value would be how many "chrismass period" the system went through.
3 for the 360.
2 for the ps3 in US and Japan, 1 in Europe.
Early 2009 it will be:
4,3,2 (respectively).

I think that dobwal meant Xbox1 when he was talking about the first 4 years of the platform. 4 years is the lifespan of the Xbox1 and it is the beginning of the Xbox platform and it sold about 25 million units.

Back