Sony Announces $150 No Blu-ray PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldo

Newcomer
April fool's joke?!

Psxextreme - On August 12, Sony will launch a PlayStation 3 that will retail for $149.99. Again, this unit will not feature a Blu-ray drive, and if you're wondering how you play games on it, Sony has a simple explanation for you. "The broadband world has expanded considerably," says Aperelli Doorichka, Public Relations Coordinator for SCEI, "nearly 85% of our PlayStation Network users and PlayStation 3 owners access the internet via high-speed cable or high-speed DSL service."

"After extensive research, and witnessing the immense success of full-fledged downloadable games like Warhawk and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Sony will be launching a PlayStation 3 unit that'll allow owners to download a catalog of all currently available PlayStation 3 games via PlayStation Network. It's just one of many ways that Sony offers gamers the ability to pick and choose what suits them best."

Sony says that aside from the Blu-ray drive, this PlayStation 3 SKU will boast all of the features of the 80GB model, including the 80GB hard drive (which can be upgraded, of course), the card readers, USB ports, and so on. Lastly, in the event that you lose a game, would like to delete a game, or the file is corrupted, Sony will keep a record of everything you purchase, and will allow you to re-download anything that you lose.
I wonder if you can upgrade it with a Blu-Ray drive later on.

I like the idea, but I'm leaning toward April Fool's on this one.

-aldo

Yeah, that is most likely an April Fools joke.
LOL. I just read the comments on that article. I should have checked them out before posting. The site hasn't fessed up, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

-aldo

EDIT: Maybe Aperelli Doorichka will comment further on this.

Yeah, if they truly scooped that big of bomb by Sony, you think they would be smart enough to drop that article on April 2nd.

when they mentioned no blu ray that was is enough to know its a joke...

When they get to an 80GB drive included, the joke gets funnier.

Definately an April fool, but one directed at MS who believe that digital content CAN be supplied over IPv4 in full form. In this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back