Some nifty screenshots and a pretty nifty movie

Nice, in sort of a low-key Project KY meets Halo sort of way.

You might want to post this on http://www.flipcode.com's image-of-the-day board.

Doesn't look very realistic to me. I mean yeah, the skeleton looks good but the shadow on the floor?

The walls do look nice tho. Maybe we'll finally start seeing some bump mapping in games this year.

Quite nice. For me the most appealing thing here is, that you can use "unspectacular" textures (like the walls in radiosity screenshot) and get away with good looking and realistic image. Also bump mapping effect is a bit "moderated" here - just like in real world. Only in case of characters I see a need for bit of TruForm ;).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PrzemKo on 2002-02-15 11:36 ]</font>

Hi,

Ben, is this really much more than can be done in any other engine these days? I mean, it's nice looking and all, but it didn't seem all that terribly impressive to me. Maybe I'm just jaded. :smile:

It looked like the shadows on the walls were moving when the camera is standing still. I'm assuming they just are moving the lightmaps around on the walls. This isn't doing radiosity in realtime I imagine? (if it is than I'll take back everything I said.) :smile:

Nite_Hawk

Back