Some more guitar pimpin'

_xxx_

Banned
Here I'm torturing my cheap-o Kramer SG, whoever's interested in metal solos can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwSgWFOymNA

Shot with my simple little digicam and the camera mic is a bit overdriven, but still you can hear the playing pretty well. You can see the equipment used (and even my pretty face ;)) at the end of the vid. Hope you like it.

Good to hear some Yngwie in the morning.

Did I hear Disciples Of Hell and the 1383 Overture(or whatever it's called) ?

Nice sound too.

How about some Soldier Without Faith ? That's nice and easy.

Thanks! Yup, those two exactly :) And that was Dream Theater "Erotomania" in the beginning.

Soldier without faith EASY? :oops: Not in my book, quite the opposite. I can't play like Yngwie after all, just some bits and pieces.

Thanks! Yup, those two exactly :) And that was Dream Theater "Erotomania" in the beginning.

Soldier without faith EASY? :oops: Not in my book, quite the opposite. I can't play like Yngwie after all, just some bits and pieces.

Only joking.

I'd say that Soldier Without Faith is probably the most demanding piece on Marching Out.

And, of course, any Malmsteen solo is quite a workout.

New vid uploaded, comparing active and passive pickups in otherwise very similar sounding guitars:

And it's not too dark this time :) (hope the link works with the new tags...)

Looks very good ... you're moving the pick completely from your thumb, aren't you? Almost no wrist action, very clean stuff. Long time ago I was at a concert given by an academy master and his pupil, and I overheard a conversation where he was saying that most of the time if he got students playing this kind of music, he was lucky if they used their wrists, and not their whole arm for fast picking action. :D

Kudos! Nice guitars too.

Back