Some help to connect PS3 and PC

Orbitech

Newcomer
Not sure if this is the right place to post but anyway..

I have a Dell 2707wfp monitor a ps3 and my pc.My monitor cannot display 1080p content for ps3 through component only 1080i. I have to remove the dvi cable coming from my pc everytime, since hdmi->dvi cable is the only way for me to do 1080p in this monitor with the ps3. As you can undestand this can be very frustrating and quite frankly I'm not in the mood of swapping cables all the time.
So I was thinking about a way to have both my pc and my ps3@1080p through dvi connected simultaneously (of course one source must be off for the other to work, either the pc or the ps3 in my case).
I found a cable that does dvi(monitor)->2 hdmi connectors.. For my ps3 this would be fine since then I would only need a simple hdmi->hdmi cable.. The problem is with my pc..
At a first glance a simple dvi->hdmi cable would do the trick to connect it.. But my gpu has two dual link dvi ports.. So I don't think a dvi->hdmi cable would do the trick and connect my pc as well to this cable..

This is why I'm posting here.. Is there a way to solve this problem of mine or I'm either stuck @1080i for my ps3 through component or swapping dvi cables all the time with my pc?

Thanks in advance I hope I didn't confuse anyone.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back