Some apps won't run from the search bar??

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
For some reason some apps like cmd prompt, paint, wordpad etc although they do exist in my PC and can be opened from their folders, for some peculiar reason they don't open from the search bar.

Neither right or left click does anything.

Anyone knows what's going on?

It was working before. It just happened all of the sudden. Restarting doesnt make a difference
Untitled.png

Last edited:
what annoys me about the search bar is how crap it is
for example it wont find notepad until I type the entire word, typing notepa doesnt find it
2ajcaye.jpg

ps: last windows update was the
• 2017-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4034674)
maybe that broke it it broke my keyboard (stopped it autoloading profiles upon running games and rebinding keys and rempaing keys to macro's)

Last edited:
Thats the latest update I have as well.

After a long search I found out that many people had the same issue unresolved. Making a new account profile and migrating there solved the issue.

The last thing I remember I did before this happened, was that I changed my keyboard English from UK to US (or something along these lines) because the original setting wasnt didnt match my KB..

I suspect that it is related. Anyhow changing language settings, keyboard etc to previous settings didnt help.

Windows 10 is better but is still full of sh!T. It brings unpredictable problems that have no clear solution. Also after I switched to the new account, my display was showing colors more correctly. And of course all desktop apps would work normally after clicking the search bar results.

Nobody knows if the problem will re appear out of nowhere again

Back