Software Emulation and BC Xbox>360 Vs 360>720?

Didn't this gen show that there is a lot more money for the devs if they release (HD) remake of certain games instead providing BC? Is MS really interested in BC...or will they just release ultra remakes of games like Sony did this gen...

I would really like a 60 fps 1080p Uncharted trilogy on the PS4!

I want Uncharted UHD collection all with 3D support. And Last of of UHD also. :0 If current rumor specs are true, are of PS4 or xbox3 capable of running current gen games in 4K even in 30 fps? I mean Geforce 670 are capable of running DmC at 200 fps in 1080p + higher level of details.

Yep, I think there's some easy money for UHD expansion paks for some devs, especially early on when the game catalog is small and especially for MP games that could get another life and setup for a sequel.

I want Uncharted UHD collection all with 3D support. And Last of of UHD also. :0 If current rumor specs are true, are of PS4 or xbox3 capable of running current gen games in 4K even in 30 fps? I mean Geforce 670 are capable of running DmC at 200 fps in 1080p + higher level of details.

Fairly unlikely. Although potentially possible if it was a straight port and recompile (no additional effects or features).

Consider that a 7870 can struggle at 2560x1600 on PC depending on how graphically demanding a game is. Especially when it isn't paired with a powerful CPU.

With a quad core i7 3960x running at 4.3 ghz it can run...

Metro 2033 VHQ - ~30 FPS
Dirt 3 Ultra - ~60 FPS
BF3 Ultra - ~40 FPS

Now crossreference that to something like (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-performance-comparison,3370-16.html ) to see how those frame rates might scale with regards to CPU power. Use that only as a very loose representation as games are more or less CPU reliant than 3dmark. As well, I'm not sure where the Jaguar cores would line up in there. But it's likely towards the bottom of that range, while the CPU used for the above is well above the top of the range.

Granted Uncharted is probably nowhere near Ultra or Very High Quality in the above benchmarks as well.

3840x2160 (16:9) is going to be a whole lot more demanding. Going from 1920x1080 to 2560x1600 (roughly doubling pixel count) you can easily lose 30-50% performance depending on how graphics bound the game is. 2560x1600 to 3840x2160 is roughly another doubling of pixels. So you can expect another 30-50% (or more) reduction in FPS if you are graphics bound.

In other words. You'd likely have to go all the way down to PS2 level of graphics in order to have playable framerates at 4k resolution with AAA graphics. Or PS3 level of PSN graphics (say a game that is currently on PSN running at 1080p/60) possibly, depending on how complex the graphics rendering is for any given PSN game.

Regards,
SB

I would still be happy if they would re-release those games with proper AA. I think that this would have the most dramatic impact in graphical fidelity...for ND games add AF as well.
This should be possible on new consoles, maybe increase to 60Hz.

I must admit, that I am personally more interested in UHD remakes than in direct BC without technical improvements. E.g. for popular multiplayer games re-release it and increase online player count a la BF3 PC versus BF3 PS360.

Even 1080p/60 would be fine. Heck, the actual disappointing thing about the "HD revolution" is how much we've been cheated with 640p/30 games and blocky 1080i cable TV. Bleh.

Back