So what's up with x360's media/video/hard drive section?

Mendel

Mr. Upgrade
Veteran
So as it seems there's absolutely no way to copy your own wmv or similar videos to the xbox hard drive and at the same time videos downloaded from the xbox live go to the trailers section in the games blade rather than to the videos section in the media blade.
additionally, streaming from a media center pc seems to have own section independent of the videos section of the media blade.

So did they really just put the video section of the media blade in there just to watch the 4 clips that are stored in there before the purchase?

I'd have thought they'd fix the issue with the videos going to the game section... weird.:?:

Maybe for eventual support of Video over Windows Media Connect. WMC itself supports Video fine, its the 360 software that doesn't have it implemented.

Just a guess tho

Mendel said:
So did they really just put the video section of the media blade in there just to watch the 4 clips that are stored in there before the purchase?
Personally I feel the whole dashboard interface stinks pretty bad. It's unneccessarily kludgy and several aspects of it is redundant or overly complicated. Dashboard themes aren't set in the system settings where you'd expect settings to be made. It's not possible to run games from the "played games" item on the games blade, besides, what damn good is it for anyway, so that accountants who love statistics can see a quick breakdown of their efforts?

I also somewhat fail to see the point in the console defaulting to the XBL blade each time it is started without a disc in the tray, even if there is no net connection at all. There's zero fun to be had there, I thought this was a GAMES console?

Back