So long sucker!

epicstruggle

Passenger on Serenity
Veteran
Lol, just made a last minute decision to fly to see my wife this coming monday. Going to spend about 2 weeks down in South Africa. Since internet connecions still suck down there, i doubt that ill do much bragging :cool: while Im there. Wow, i cant believe that its been a whole year since i saw her last, god i hate the immigration system in this country.

epic

digitalwanderer said:
Have fun Epic, be safe travelling.
Thanks. Going to do a bit of travelling with the wife and my brother and his wife. So it should be a pretty good trip. I just cant believe how long its been since i last saw her. A year sure flies by.

epi

linthat22 said:
How can you stand to be away from her for a year? Unless that's just how ya'lls relationship is.
Sigh. It takes great patience on both our parts. We both believe that this situation is part of our debt payment (bad karma from previous lives). Since she lives with her parents she has great support from them. Basically the same thing for me. We also just didnt think it was going to take this long, one day turns to a week, then a month, a year and now it has added up to being apart (aside small vacations) for 3 years.

Im planning on getting the following inscribed on her wedding ring: "Time and distance can not separate our love." Im not sure how, but I ended up with my soul mate, now if we could only get her immigration stuff worked out.

epic

They say "distance/absence makes the heart grow fonder." I just say this, but you must really know it. I am awed by your strength (that's "your" plural). I normally scoff at the notion of "soul mates," even though I have reason to suspect I once bumped into my own, but you make a very strong case for them. It's that or honor is not dead in this "get it now" society and you have been busy proving it for three years (!!!). I shall think "I am going to try to be a bit more like Epic" next time absence and temptation strike me.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and that you get those immigration papers sorted out pronto. (You seem to have been tested enough. If I had a voice in it I'd speak to the "authorities" about your karma. ;))

Wow that is some dedication...as wireframe said I am awed by your and your wife's strength as well. My girlfriend might be moving to the East Coast if she gets accepted for her master's and I think I am gonna go crazy....I am so NOT looking forward to it!

Have a good time, know exactly how you feel. For my wife and I the wait was over 3 years I think, had a couple of short visits in those 3 but not much.

and the future? what are you guys planning to do? i hope for both of you that you are in much better condition regarding location :)

have fun, break her back (so to speak :) ) and remember you have a full year to catch in and a full year to take in adavance (in the worst case? ) :p

epicstruggle said:
Since internet connections still suck down there, i doubt that ill do much bragging :cool: while Im there.

Oh it's even worse now .. and getting even more ridiculous as time goes by.

Telkom sucks ball hairs

--------------------

Anyways .. have a safe trip down .. see you when you get back online.

epicstruggle said:
Oh Im going to have loads of fun, i just hope i dont break her. :devilish:

Well if you don't break her or she doesn't break you .. hopefully you'll break the bed then. ;)

US

thanks for the well wishes. :) Im leaving shortly for the airport, and barring a horrible accident, will be with my wife in 25 or so hours from now.

later,
epic

Back