So, do we know anything about RV670 yet?

ATI is a great company.

Sorry but i disagree, a company who made so many mistake (design decisions, delays, paper launches) in the last few year its can't be called as a great company.
Rv670 looks promising according to the rumors, but i think everyone learn the lesson from R600 saga, belive anything only when card launched and reviews flooding the net, before take with a grain of salt.

I was informed that Nvidia will not launch any fully enabled G92( From 8 TCPs cut down to 6 TCPs) in 2007.

Yield or strategy reason?

Sorry but i disagree, a company who made so many mistake (design decisions, delays, paper launches) in the last few year its can't be called as a great company.
Rv670 looks promising according to the rumors, but i think everyone learn the lesson from R600 saga, belive anything only when card launched and reviews flooding the net, before take with a grain of salt.

ATI isn't a company, period. If you want to talk about AMD's GPG that's another story...

As for your dislike of ATI - yes, everyone here knows that by now.

ATI isn't a company, period. If you want to talk about AMD's GPG that's another story...

In AMD ATi is still seperated, its can be called a company in the company, but yes ATi as real company not exist anymore.

As for your dislike of ATI - yes, everyone here knows that by now.

How can someone like or dislike a company? its just companys, they are making products to earn money.
I criticism companys only when they deserve, if you say AMD/ATi not deserve any criticism in the last ~2 year (and mostly this year with r600 saga) thats ok for me, because i see the things different thats not mean i dislike something ;) (and next time spare personal comments, thanks).

In AMD ATi is still seperated, its can be called a company in the company, but yes ATi as real company not exist anymore.

It's not a company within the company. All of ATI's top execs have left/will be leaving soon. It is now run completely by AMD.

How can someone like or dislike a company? its just companys, they are making products to earn money.

You're confusing ability with rationality. No one ever said its rational to have a brand preference, but it can and certainly is done.

I criticism companys only when they deserve, if you say AMD/ATi not deserve any criticism in the last ~2 year (and mostly this year with r600 saga) thats ok for me, because i see the things different thats not mean i dislike something ;)

Well, when you criticize something *constantly* (as you do with AMD/the former ATi) certain biases become clear. You're entitled to your opinion. I was just commenting on the fact that everyone knows your opinion when it comes to AMD ;)

(and next time spare personal comments, thanks).

What personal comments? You think that's personal? :LOL:

I guess there'll be two XTXs - the 512MB one will use GDDR4 and faster memory.

Jawed

Last edited by a moderator:
That chart from ChipHell says there are three grades of RV670, 60, 67 and 85W TDP.

60 and 67W both use the 340 board, featured in these pix.

So, erm, Pro 320x4x4 at 600MHz and GT 240x3x3 at 600MHz?

Jawed

More like Pro or GT with that single slot cooler.
Or they did a really really good job to get a product suitable for an XTX moniker to fit single slot cooling.

& isn't someone going to get an awful big slapping from someone else regarding pics with serial numbers? :oops:

Why not?

420/(80²/55²)=~198,5ish.

Now subtract some mass transistors, some maybe unused functionality etc.pp.

It appears at least possible, IMO

Scaling is seldom perfect, especially when moving to smaller processes. The external interface pads probably won't scale so well.

Scaling is seldom perfect, especially when moving to smaller processes. The external interface pads probably won't scale so well.
Right you are, but look for example at G70/G71: That one did shrink even more than it should because of additional optimizations.

Back