SMS too short

So i finally got the cube.
And ahhh for the first time in a long while i could smell fresh console.
Its a great feeling you know.
My last console was the DC and after that i went into a long crusade knocking the PS2 for screwing up the DC chance to make it. The same way it f**ked the saturn. But thats history, I've learned to live with PS2 mainly because of ICO.
Anyway, the very first game i got was SMS.
Mario64 was the first game i got for the N64 and I was going to follow in that tradition.
Well I can't really say that I was dissapointed with the graphics.
And contrary to what everyone says the camera is fine.
It took me a lot longer to get into but i guess thats cuz im a lot older.
One thing that did dissapoint me though was the just how short this game was.
7 levels.
Thats nothing Mario 64 had twice that much.
I finished mario in like a week
and i wasnt trying either.
Mario 64 lasted much longer (it felt that way anyway)
Does anyone else think so too?
I mean I haven't heard anyone mention that Mario was to short in any review or anything.

Well u dont really finish SMS till you've gotten all of the Shines. It's a great game. Not perfect but great. It was my GOTY till the masterpiece Metroid Prime came out. Now that's a big game. Congrats on your Cube..you'll enjoy it. I know mine has gotten a tonof playtime lately.

I put a Lot of hours into SMS, and only have like 26 stars, I stopped playing, I am not as persistant as I used to be...I find it very difficult, I wont move on to a new area until I have all shines from that area, so I cant say its short exactly.

There are 7 levels, but personally I can squeeze a lot of entertainment out of them.. they're bigger than in SM64.

Yeh its true that the levels are bigger, however you just get a lot of redundant and useless stars at times. Some stars are just so incredibly easy to get. Even the 8 red coins puzzels are a lot easier now. Basically 24 stars are just out of blue coins in that game. Dont get me wrong the curve will probably steepen time wise as you get more stars. But overall its not just with SMS but more with all GC games, they are just soo short nowadays compared to their N64 predecesors. I hope Zelda will be longer.

Well, early on in the game things are easy. You'll soon see that it gets harder, and slightly more varied near the end.

I think that SM64 is the better game overall, but after collecting 117 Shines in SMS.. I can say that it's close.

Some of the Shines are frustrating, but once you get them.. you're on sometime of a "high". Very satisfying. :)

I think both games are short, actually most of Mario games are short.

You can finished both SM64 and SMS in a sitting.

Eh, maybe it´s because im so old, but i think it´s a very long and challengeing game. Not to mention fun :) I totally love their language and the overall humour. This game has something for everyone.

On the other hand i usually sit about 30 min at a time, and i really take my time to admire the games stunning (to me) visuals. No suprise i find it long ;)

And as a sidenote, i can´t wait for Prime to hit Europe!

I thought it was actually just about as hard as Mario 64. I think the game is easier now because we have had lots of practice doing this type of thing. Miyamoto said he wanted newness in the next Mario game, and he didn't get that feeling of newness with SMS.

Back