small windows problem

malcolm

Newcomer
I have windows 2000.
I tried 120dpi and some other settings, after i put it back to 96 my taskbar and the icons on top of the windows didnt go back to there normal size, can someone tell me how to fix this?

I tried to switch to 72dpi and then back to 96 and now it even changed the icons on the taskbar
I think this is something a lot of people should know, some setting in a windows config somewhere? i dont know where to find it and i dont know what values it should be then...

even the text in msn is to big now
what kind of idiots work at microsoft
windows just changes settings you dont ask

Maybe try changing to the windows standard scheme under the appearance tab of the display properties. I'd think that should reset everything, but I could be wrong.

IIRC you have to restart in between changes for them to effectively take effect.

EDIT: Hi hi, i'm i'm redundant redundant boy boy.

Haha... one of my funnier sentence structures.... ;)

thanks 3dcgi, it worked! :) this was realy bothering me a lot, i tought i was stuck with it for the next year or more, i realy dont like to format...
still dont understand why windows changes this when selecting 96dpi tough, it had selected some custom setting.

i had restarted many times zsouthboy, wich takes my computer 5mins (realy, i timed it once)
is this normal? old 8gbyte harddrive, i think it is slower than before, louder too.
i only want to buy a new computer in 3 years, so im hoping it lasts long anough.

Back