skate demo on LIVE.

nintenho

Veteran
about 1 GB. it's REALLY good.

It's basically a realistic skateboarding game. You use the right thumbstick to do tricks and it works really well. Every movement of the player and board looks realistic and the controls are very intuitive once you get how to do moves. It's not like tony hawk where you run around chaining move after move just for the sake of it. You have to plan every move and make sure the physics make sense.

in my opinion it's better then tony hawk but the camera can be slightly annoying since it has to be low in order to be easy to see.

for the record: I SUCK at the game compared to what some other people are saying they can do and I find it fun.

yeah once you get how to do the first trick, it's AWESOME. the graphics also look much better then the last tony hawk.

I got to play this demo on the PS3, and I have to agree, it's amazingly good. I was really surprised. This is awesome stuff. :)

Eurogamer agrees, and they say it pretty much the way I felt after the demo:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=83481 9/10

Only thing I missed is that I'd like to at least have the option to try this with motion controls, but it wasn't an option in the demo and I'm guessing the full game won't have it either. Ah well.

But all in all, kudos. Most important aspect of this game is that it makes it feel like skating much more than the other games did, and it definitely brings back the sense of accomplishment to pleasantly mundane levels; some of the more basic things get exciting again because their difficulty matches that of reality a lot more closely. Neat!

The demo certainly makes me want to play this game or buy this game. The music is also great in the back ground with positional audio.

The tricks are relatively easy to perform, with the more elaborate ones requiring some good practice.

If I were into skating it'd be a must have, but will probably pick it up when the price comes down or I can get it on a deal with other games I'm more interested in.

I agree. SKATE is amazingly good!
A must buy for me after trying the demo:D
Only thing I missed is that I'd like to at least have the option to try this with motion controls, but it wasn't an option in the demo and I'm guessing the full game won't have it either. Ah well.

Actually, motion control is supported even in the demo.
I just barely tried it (you control the body movements instead of using the left stick) and it didn't feel that good for me.

same, i was impressed with the demo. i was a big fan of THPS2 back in the day but haven't touched a skater game since. ill probably buy skate eventually.

for anyone who owns the PS3 version, does it look better at 1080i/p or 720p? people over at AVSForum are saying it defaults to 1080i/p (Vegas is going to bring doubts to every PS3 game that supports 1080i)

just realized the demo supports and defaults to 1080i/p. but like all other scaled games, the textures are not quite as sharp compared to 720p (different isn't that noticeable). other than that, they look identical and its one of the better scaled games.
still wish developers would default scaled games to 720p.

i still wonder why Vegas looks so bad compared to other scaled games.

Actually, motion control is supported even in the demo.
I just barely tried it (you control the body movements instead of using the left stick) and it didn't feel that good for me.

I'll try that. So I guess that does mean that the tricks stay on the right analog stick? Well I'll check anyway. ;)

I played this on PS3 as well and was very impressed!

Tony Hawk on the other hand totaly disapointed me.

Playing Skate felt like the first time I played THPS3. Didn't know how to control the game well at all kept falling on my ass. But you keep working on it and get better and better. And after a while it's like riding a bike. It just becomes natural.

Back