Simple way to rip DVDs into DivX (Avi)?

Deepak said:
That sound problem is solved using AC3Filter but now I have my headphones and WMP, both at max sound and I hear everything at acceptable volume. Can I boost sound from AC3Filter? How?
The 'Master' and 'Gain' sliders on the main tab (in the control panel) for an overall boost. You can play with the other Mixer/Gains sliders as well for a (actually less) balanced soundstage when downmixing to two channels (attempting to boost dialouge for example).

Zaphod said:
Yeah. You're right, of course. Force of habit, I guess, and I haven't had any problems with AC3filter myself. Had some issues with ffdshow (couldn’t get it to coexist peacefully with AC3ACM I think) way back, though, but available documentation is much better now, and the UI is less daunting. Never bothered to find out if it was user or program error since other options worked without hassle at the time.
The problem I had with AC3filter was sound cutting out for some odd reason so I've just been using ffdshow audio filters since.
I really dig it for playing music with the nice EQ and up mixing as I've said.
upmixing in it's self is good for playing songs that have week bass, sometimes too good and I have to use the eq to turn the lower frequencies down as my 5.1 z5300s have the sub all the way down, logitech really loves their bass.

Back