Sidewinder X8 charging problem

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
My last new (ie, aquired as new) Sidewinder X8 decided to start bugging on me, ie when I try to charge it it first charges fine for some couple, maybe even up to 30 secs sometimes or so, and then starts blinking the lighting quick, showing charging battery with exclamation mark warning-sign in it on the display.

Lifting the "butt" of the mouse to slightly move the connector helps for couple seconds but then it goes doing same again.

So, I bought a used one, but younger than me which according to previous owner didn't suffer from any issues.

I switched the charger/transmitter & mouse at the same time obviously as they're paired or something, used for couple days and then when it's time to charge it for the first time, the exact same issue happens on this one too.

Is it possible that it's somehow caused by my computer? Some BIOS setting? Windows setting?
I've already tried switching from USB 3.0 to 2.0 port, didn't help.

battery ?

Yeah, suppose it could be just battery dying on both of them, since even though the other one has been used for around 6 months less I think my other one was already one of the last ones ever made

Back