Shrek the Third

Sonic

Veteran
The movie had a huge opening weekend at something like $120+ million.

A quick review of the movie. I went over to Berkeley today to watch it. It was lacking in storyline and comedy. I fell asleep a few time during it, but I did have less than 6 hours of sleep the night before. I feel that Dreamworks made this one to cash in on the Shrek name and gave very little thought to making a genuinely good movie. Either that or the director decided to go into an entirely different direction and make a children's movie.

This is the second dissapointment with a third installment of a movie series that I've come to love and now grow weary of any future for. Spiderman being the first one.

Thanks for the review - though there is a movie review thread here somewhere, if you look. ;)

I thought the 2nd was already a bit of a disappointment compared to the first. I'll not rush out to see this one then. ;) (I rarely go to the cinema these days anyway, what with all the home cinema equipment including pause button ;) )

the only part i liked in the movie was the whole snow white summoning all those birds and furry woodland creatures to attack those treant guards... the other scenes were mostly meh...IMO

This is the second dissapointment with a third installment of a movie series that I've come to love and now grow weary of any future for. Spiderman being the first one.

Don't forget Xmen3. Although you probably didn't want to mention it, it's that bad :cry:

My wife and I took our daughter to see it on Tuesday, our daughter thought it was all the coolest thing since sliced bread, but she's three and it was her first movie in the theater so what can you expect. :D

On the other hand, my wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly and felt like we got our moneys worth but it seems that the Shrek writers are running out of steam. It had more of a story than most movies do, but I think the my feelings toward it was that it was just kind of hollow in some way that I can't quite place my finger on.

Back