Sharp Aquos LC37XD1E

galson

Newcomer
Having sought through many threads, reviews and articles regarding HDTVs as well as confusing myself as hell I think I might finally have found a good screen for my PS3 (and Wii). I currently use a cheap 19'' Wharfedale display, however I am about to move to UK (I currently live in Ireland) where I intend to buy something good (and I mean GOOD). The Sharp Aquos LC37XD1E TV seems the right choice for me, it's a 1080p screen with decent picture quality and I saw it available in Curry's for £699.99. But before I decide to run to the store and pick it up I'd need some opinions of yours about it. I'd also like to ask if this TV has a component input, 'cause I've seen different specs on different sites (some say it does have it, some say it doesn't :???:). I need component for my Wii to be exact.

Cheers.

whats your price range? I went to best buy to look at the aquos but actually fell in love with a samsung model. Im not sure about the model number, planning on going back to check it out. It was a 40" for about $2400. The aquos had a great set, but the blacks were much darker on the samsung model.

It's pretty much that, £700-800 ($1400-1600 I believe) and within this range this one I found to be the best. $2400 is a little too much for my current pocket (moving from Ireland to UK, settling down, etc.). I did some more digging on this TV and found this thread at AV forums, which pretty much convinced me to purchase this set.

To be honest I don't have too good experience with Samsung displays (short lifespan in my case), so I don't take them into consideration now.

Back