Shadowrun screenshots that "Dwarf" the competition via Team Xbox

I sure hope this game is 39.99 or below, this game will not sell well at 59.99. It only has 9 maps/arenas and the learning curve is too steep for the ave consumer. I wish it well but don't see how the regular 360 shooter fan would get into it and do not see it doing well in the PC space as the game is designed with the console in mind.

Not just limited to 9 maps, but also to 3 gametypes--with limited customization. And if you've read up on what's coming for a game like Halo 3, it's just pathetic. It's nothing more than two variants of single-flag CTF and one team deathmatch gametype with a slight "twist." You can't do anything interesting really. Other games are going to allow you to create your own gametypes, for all practical purposes, and enforce it with game rules instead of trying to get all the players to follow them.

Better be 39.99. And I don't know what's going to happen with DLC either. It seems MS isn't hot on FASA's lack of content either, considering 3-4 years of full-on development (which is completely understandable when you have teams like Bungie and Turn 10 making what they have with thus-far less dev time). Either FASA is largely staffed with contract artists and such, and naturally they'll be leaving, the studio is getting massively downsized (to just a core team), or the studio will disappear altogether. If the latter happens, who's going to be responsible for DLC?

People from MLG (Major League Gaming) are in the Beta testing the game. They seem to like Shadowrun a lot.

There are many people from MLG including myself playing the beta right now. We will of course test this game when the final version is shipped to see if it has any possibility of being added to the league. One thing I can say is that I am having more fun playing this beta than any game in a long time; however, I still think there are things that need to be adjusted.

Watch out for a new thread coming in the next day or so with MLG impressions on SR.

Thanks,
Ben

#2 is huge, I can't think of any game that is played on a competitive level that hasn't gone through atleast minor adjustment in rule settings on some level. On another note I honestly haven't had this much fun playing an FPS for a while.

Also, the gamertag glitch posted for Nexy isn't spelled correctly and Nexy by far isn't the best MLG beta tester. I'll try and get some footage of better players up next week. ;)

My opinion on the game is that it has a larger individual skill cap than Halo 2 (which isn't saying much) and the team work skill cap is much higher as well. I have been impressed by bursts of genius here and there but there is definetly a long way to go before we really start seeing blow your mind off amazing plays in both categories.

Only because my name has been mentioned a few times:

1) My GT is "The MLG Nexy".
2) I'm the official MLG game tester.
3) I'm the best Shadowrun player in the galaxy.

Jokr plays an Elf, 'nuff said.
Rapture, Synide says your bad at Halo PC

Anyway, thanks Fasa for the beta! I've been having a blast playing your game.

http://forums.shadowrun.com/forums/1/45334/ShowThread.aspx

Thats 3 people from MLG in the Beta that like Shadowrun a lot. To me the odds are Shadowrun will be quickly accepted into MLG. And these are impressions from gamers that are competitive about dueling against other people.

Back