Serious Sam 3 BFE

Malo

Yak Mechanicum
Legend
Supporter
Just saw this on Steam. Looks like they're sticking to same types of mobs and gameplay (which is great!) but definitely an upgraded engine. Serious Sam is a blast as a good ole' shooter imo, and will be great with co-op.

Trailer at serioussam.com or on Steam

ssam3_4.jpg

Serious Sam is definitely one of the best co-op games around! SS 3 BFE looks really good and I hope we'll see huge open areas with swarms of enemies.

Hopefully it stick to the Doom 1/2 and SS 1/2 style of fast and furious gameplay with health pickups and none of that crappy ass regenerating health shit that pollutes almost all modern day shooters.

It'd be nice to have a properly challenging FPS released considering there hasn't been a challenging FPS released in over half a decade now.

Regards,
SB

I really hope the game is like Serious Sam 2, that game was THE SHIT! I wish I still had my copy, now I can't find it anywhere in stores or even DD.

You can still get SS2 HD from Steam. 19.99 USD.

Regards,
SB

I can't tell if he's talking about The Second Encounter (what you're referencing) or the actual Serious Sam 2. SS2 had nothing on TFE/TSE but it was still a fantastic game and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Can't wait for SS3. I do hope they abandon the modernized weapons for a few stages at least... Give Sam a nostalgia trip as he comes across his classic weapons for a while or something.

Oh heck, I spaced that. Forgot SS: TSE wasn't SS 2. Been so long since I played all of them. Might have to go and buy the HD versions of TFE and TSE just to relive the fun.

Regards,
SB

If the game supports large resolutions like 3360x1050 or 3840x1080 people with 2 monitors and an amd 5000 series and up will be able to set up an eyefinity group and play splitscreen on 2 lcd's even if the game doesnt support 2 display's

"Using a mouse and keyboard in combination with up to three game pads on a PC[...]"

Can't have more than one kb/m? The kb/m player will be like a god with his little gamepad using minions running around soaking up the bullets :D

"Using a mouse and keyboard in combination with up to three game pads on a PC[...]"

Can't have more than one kb/m? The kb/m player will be like a god with his little gamepad using minions running around soaking up the bullets :D

Crowding four keyboards and mice on your average desk doesn't really work. Or happen.

Crowding four keyboards and mice on your average desk doesn't really work. Or happen.

And I did it back in the olden days of time long gone with an ancient game called Settlers (the first one). It supported split screen multiplayer (only 2 players though) and allowed for both people to have their own mouse. Although I think it only allowed for one keyboard. If I remember correctly one person used the left side of the KB and the other person used the right side of the KB. It was a blast. :D

I was always amazed that other games didn't offer something similar.

Regards,
SB

I remember playing Tongue of the Fatman 2 player on the same keyboard. Do I win weird PC game blast from the past award for this week?

And I did it back in the olden days of time long gone with an ancient game called Settlers (the first one). It supported split screen multiplayer (only 2 players though) and allowed for both people to have their own mouse. Although I think it only allowed for one keyboard. If I remember correctly one person used the left side of the KB and the other person used the right side of the KB. It was a blast. :D

I was always amazed that other games didn't offer something similar.

Regards,
SB

Two is one thing, but four keyboards and mice? And besides, you admitted to using only one keyboard.

Yes, it sucks that three people are restricted to the X360 controller in an FPS, but this is like the only workable solution for most people. The only other one would be wireless mice and keyboards, and those in general cost more than an Xinput controller(I got my Logitech F310 for 18 or so bucks online).

Multiseat setups have supported 2+ kb/mouse setups for ages. There really are no practical limitations why games wouldn't support them

Back