Serious Sam 3 BFE

Yeah I can't figure out what they're saying. Of course a GTX580 is recommended. I would recommend that for every game. The question is, what does it take to play the game at reasonably high settings? I don't think GTX580 is the answer unless Croteam off their rocker.

amazing game supports SGSSAA native.. and nice to see they have gone to BF3 route let msaa + fxaa together

serious-sam-3-bfe-prevzcnm.png

serious-sam-3-bfe-prev1cyg.png

source

Googlish said:
That being the shooter moves current and known rendering techniques on the assembly line that would be there (selection): Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion, lens flares, depth of field, bloom, motion blur by Gaussian filter, soft shadows, soft particles, refractions , reflections and a dynamic lighting and various Kantenglättungsmodi. Edit this shadow polygon edges (MSAA), alpha-like foliage, respectively shader tests (FXAA) or the entire image (SGSSAA). The latter replaces the "pixel ratio" of HD parts, but says the same thing: supersampling improves the appearance and makes clear from Serious Sam 3 is a circular thing. On top of the pack "triple" or various downsampling filter like Lanczos.

Preview

big screenshots

The game is one of those rarities that really prefers AMD hardware. Interesting.

Man, if this has the same type of gameplay as Serious Sam 1. I'm going to be all over it once I finish my playthrough of Fable 3 on the PC (thank you Steam insane deals sale).

Regards,
SB

Looks really good. Looks like a shooter from the good old days. :)

I really enjoyed the first encounter when it first came out.

Serious Sam 2 ran great on my 6800gt, very pretty art and colors!!
this should also run great on my 460gtx :)
im still running at 1280x1024 :)

I seem to be having some weird issues with the game. I updated to latest NV beta drivers and the game doesn't go above 10-12FPS inside the shack you land at the start. I've changed all the CPU/GPU speed/GPU memory settings from lowest to high (everything autodetects as "high") and resolution from 720p to 1680x1050 and it has pretty much zero effect on the FPS. Running on q6600+560gtx. Skyrim at ultra runs perfectly fine on same machine.

After downgrading from latest beta NV drivers back to latest stable ones things seem to work pretty well now

The cpu settings in the HD series(and the originals?) had number of triangles and stuff that won't make sense to even better informed gamers.
otoh FOV and mouse acceleration had to be modified through the console. :rolleyes:

Back