Serenity trailer is now up!

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
geo said:
Umm. Why's it trying to install iTunes? Or would that be the source of the special characters above?

Itunes is now an optional part of the Quicktime install.

Given that I already had Quicktime installed, and that it only tried to install iTunes when I asked for the Full Screen version (rather than Large, which didn't try to install anything), I'm not sure that is the whole explanation. At any rate, I told it no, tried Large, and played fine without trying to install anything.

Vysez said:
So, if I understand everything correctly, this is a movie/TV-show.
It's interesting, because when I saw the trailer and the pictures, from the official site, I was thinking "Damn, the direction, the lighting, the cast, everything looks like Sci-fi TV show #451323". :LOL:

But if I indeed understood everything, this show seems to be excellent, which raise my interest.
It's also a very good thing that the Movie is released by Universal, because it means free DVD of the movie for Vysez. :devilish:

The show can be seen in France every thursday on Série-Club at 20h30. See by yourself :)

I'm a bit confused about this hero-worshipping of Firefly. It was pretty good, but I wouldn't say it was as wonderful as some people are saying.

I'd class it as better than SG-1, however and it was certainly worth another series.

I'll probably wait until the film(s?) come out on DVD before watching them.

PatrickL said:
The show can be seen in France every thursday on Série-Club at 20h30. See by yourself :)
I have CanalSat. So, no Serie-Club love for me. :(
I won't say I'm annoyed, though, seeing that all of those new TV-Shows look like this PA strip to me.

20050427l.jpg

I couldn't live without Cartoon Network/Planète/Discovery though. For me, CN is like crack via MPEG stream. I need this schtuff.

The trailer looks really good, definitely has a 5th Element look to it. I had to add Firefly into my netflix queue :D

Firefly is one of my favourite TV series of all time, right up there with Star Trek, both Stargates, Lost, House, and Angel. In fact, I have the Firefly DVD box set sitting next to me on my desk right now.
________
STARCRAFT II REPLAYS

Last edited by a moderator:
FX look fina and all, but those faces like totally suck. Can't they cast "cooler" people? It's kinda same thing like Schwarzeneger playing a nanny...

_xxx_ said:
FX look fina and all, but those faces like totally suck. Can't they cast "cooler" people? It's kinda same thing like Schwarzeneger playing a nanny...

But you realise that'd piss off just about anyone who has seen the TV series and consequently the ones (partly) responsible for the movie being made?

[maven said:
]
_xxx_ said:

But you realise that'd piss off just about anyone who has seen the TV series and consequently the ones (partly) responsible for the movie being made?

I meant from the beginning on, not switching them in between.

_xxx_ said:

They are cool characters. They just don't look like those plastic, fake people from Baywatch or the like. What, you want eighties-style, Bevery Hills 90210 glossiness all over the cast? Shoulder pads and glamourous dresses?

No, I want tough guys look kinda, err, tough. When you see Vin Diesel in an action flick, it looks right. When you see him working at McDonalds, it looks wrong. The guys in this series/movie look like the McDonalds ones. Too soft.

_xxx_ said:
No, I want tough guys look kinda, err, tough. When you see Vin Diesel in an action flick, it looks right. When you see him working at McDonalds, it looks wrong. The guys in this series/movie look like the McDonalds ones. Too soft.

But when you see Vin Diesel in an action flick, surely it's a pretty good indication that the film will be utterly shite? 8)

The characters in the Firefly series weren't meant to be brainless gung-ho tough guys (with one exception). They are actually meant to be merchants (admittedly 'tough' ones) who live in a rough era and stuggle do their best to get by. I don't think any of the women in the show had silicone tits either - would this be a problem too? :p

John Reynolds said:
Natoma said:
Hmm. So should I watch the season dvd before seeing the movie?

It's the best TV-produced sci-fi I've ever watched.
GOD DAMN it, I cant believe i missed seeing the trailer until now. Too much eq2. :)

Anyways, Firefly is by far in the top 5 sci-fi shows of all times. When im not doing anything, ill just put one of the dvd's on and just listen to the show. Always brings a smile to my face when i hear some of the dialogue in it.

On a side note i will seriously hunt you down and make you watch joe millionaire (as close to torture as you can get) if you download the movie serenity. I have high hopes that if ticket sales are high enough, the series might get picked up. So dont screw it up. ;)

epic

...And if wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak.

(I LOVE that Firefly quote :D actually, I REALLY love Adam Baldwin's character - not so much the character itself, but the nuances... ah, heck, the whole series is riddled with similar sparks of wit and ingenuity. If I'm reading the Internet right, Firefly has the same kind of ingeniuous writing that the Hitchhiker's Guide books have, and that the new movie is missing - Firefly is written well, just like you could say about a lot of modern series - but it has a certain finesse and small touches that make it rise above the average series)

The "tough guy" in Firefly was Animal Mother. Don't give me any shit about how he doesn't look right. He was fucking Animal Mother!

Back