Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 [XBSX|S, XGP]

not sure how I feel about the content. Game looks great but the first one wasn't for me. I will give it a shot since it will be on game pass

We'll see if MS/NT have a 9+ on their hands or not. I'm pretty confident this will be a least an 85%+ given the original, but it would be great if they can knock it out of the park.

It’s unfortunate that the reception to this trailer has largely been luke warm.

I wish people were more excited, but I think with its graphics and the story it’s telling, it could just be a smidge too dark for most folks

It’s unfortunate that the reception to this trailer has largely been luke warm.

I wish people were more excited, but I think with its graphics and the story it’s telling, it could just be a smidge too dark for most folks

The trailer was indeed lukewarm. And most people probably watched it on YouTube on their phone or something = can't see shit, too dark. and lots of compression artefak.

Looked great visually but the trailer content was rather boring. When is this supposed to release?
It's a hard game to market. It's an 'experience' sort of game. Or, at least the first was, but I expect they will double down on that with the sequel.

It'll be difficult, though. The first had quite basic mechanics and was fundamentally quite bleak and heavy. It wasn't very long and was better for it. It'll be a trick to make the sequel longer and deeper while not wearing people out or it becoming too gamey and missing the whole point of the original.

It's a hard game to market. It's an 'experience' sort of game. Or, at least the first was, but I expect they will double down on that with the sequel.

It'll be difficult, though. The first had quite basic mechanics and was fundamentally quite bleak and heavy. It wasn't very long and was better for it. It'll be a trick to make the sequel longer and deeper while not wearing people out or it becoming too gamey and missing the whole point of the original.

Heck, I felt the 1st game was way too long with way too many fillers.

Maybe a more better paced VR exclusive on pc or something would be a better fit...

Looks like the visuals have been downgraded again. The facial animations are over exaggerated for effect but the character animations seem off to me. Like how they move. The “gameplay” in the trailer looked similar to the last trailer and that was rather boring. Honestly, I’m not too impressed with this showing of the game and it seems like the general public doesn’t care about this game.

Looks like the visuals have been downgraded again. The facial animations are over exaggerated for effect but the character animations seem off to me. Like how they move. The “gameplay” in the trailer looked similar to the last trailer and that was rather boring. Honestly, I’m not too impressed with this showing of the game and it seems like the general public doesn’t care about this game.
You're not impressed.. we get it.

We'll see if MS/NT have a 9+ on their hands or not. I'm pretty confident this will be a least an 85%+ given the original, but it would be great if they can knock it out of the park.
One challenge to the sequel is the novelty of the original is no longer novel. The USP of psychology and head voices is no longer valid as a USP. It'd need to be carried on gameplay and story I guess, unless they have something else up their sleeves.

The trailer was indeed lukewarm. And most people probably watched it on YouTube on their phone or something = can't see shit, too dark. and lots of compression artefak.

I watched it at first on my phone and was more impressed there than on the big screen tbh. That's not to say I wasn't still hugely impressed on the big screen though. The game looks absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Comparing it to other more open world games is silly though, it's clearly quite a narrow / corridor style game and is able to focus the rendering on a relatively smaller environment as a result. That doesn't take away from the visual impressiveness for me though. And the gameplay also looks right up my street.

This game has gone from "not interested" to "top of my radar for next year" based on that trailer.

Also I was interested to see that it's presented in a 21:9 ratio even on console (presumably with black borders). Based on a recent discussion I can think of at least a couple of forum members who won't be happy with that!

One challenge to the sequel is the novelty of the original is no longer novel. The USP of psychology and head voices is no longer valid as a USP. It'd need to be carried on gameplay and story I guess, unless they have something else up their sleeves.
As somebody who didn't find the original premise interesting, the idea they might do something different/new means I might give this one a look.

I'd sort of glossed over the latest trailer, since I know how the game looks, or trailers of it at least. Been there, seen that, waiting to play it!

I decided give it a second look and scrub though. I was struck how consistently filmic all the new scenes were. A few shots reminded me that they're trying to replicate the look anamorphic lenses. Some very 'natural' lens flares and dof, which I assume now is coming from that lens emulation + cinematography, rather than slapped on VFX.

I'm not sure anyone else has really captured that particular look of film so closely. It's a lot more than the bit of film grain + chromatic aberration that are commonplace.

Maybe Alan Wake 2, although I'm still in the opening bit? A Northlight .vs UE5 virtual cinematography, fight! (probably more accurate to say Remedy vs Ninja Theory tech art, flight!?)

Poor quality two minute X video on NT's lens stuff, with a little comparison / focus pull.

Last edited:
Back