Senjo No Valkyria (Valkyrie of the Battlefield) : Best Cell shading ever?

Thank you note from Sega

Valkyria Chronicles sales in NA jumped over 400% in April:
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/06/08/valkyria-fans-we-love-you/

I don’t think there’s really any other way to say it. Valkyria Fans - we love you.

So let’s get right to it.

There may be no louder testament to the power of a hardcore fanbase and continued support from developers and publishers than this: Throughout the month of April, SEGA sponsored a number of Valkyria Chronicles community contests across sites like VGChartz, Destructoid, and others. Fans rallied on our Facebook page and our Valkyria Chronicles twitter feed, and joined us in spreading the word about how awesome Valkyria is to their friends and family - and when we announced a limited time price drop to $30, copies flew off the shelves like delicious hotcakes at a protest against weight watchers. Then, right at the pinnacle of all this Valkyria buzz and goodness, three new packs of DLC hit, and all the fans across the world rejoiced. (Especially the Selvaria groupies.)

Now for the follow-up. During those weeks, Gamasutra reported that Valkyria, which launched originally back in November, had suddenly climbed its way back up to the Top 5 selling PS3 games on Amazon - a position it held for two weeks straight, lost as it fell just slightly, and then retook again the next week. Gamestop employees posted on forums saying that copies had gone out the door at record speed. Now, the numbers are in - and we’ve never been happier to announce them.

Here we go: In the month of April alone, Valkyria Chronicles sales in North America increased by over 400%, skyrocketing the game into best-seller lists, off of store shelves, and into the homes of tens of thousands of brand new owners. Half a year after a game is out, being able to say that sales doubled is a fantastic thing - that sales suddenly tripled is even more rare. But to be able to say that sales more than quadrupled almost six months after a game’s launch is a feat that few games can ever boast - and Valkyria Chronicles, with the amazing help of all of your support, can now do so wholly.

It’s worth noting that April’s 400% sales increase over March also meant that the game sold almost as many units in that single month as it did upon launch last year

Didn't know there's a facebook page. I think the VC team deserves it.

[size=-2]Now where is Yakuza 3 ?[/size]

I heard it's a prequel. Before the Europa war broke out.

I think they also announced DLC 2 for PS3 a couple of weeks ago.

So how do I tell Sega I need Yakuza 3 ?

Whoops ! It's a sequel, 2 years after the war.

The producer also mentioned that it's not going to be tied to handheld gaming:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175170

Producer Shuntaro Tanaka commented to Famitsu that the move to PSP was "to allow a broader spectrum of users to discover and enjoy what makes Valkyria special," but noted that the Valkyria series is not necessarily bound to handheld systems in the future.

The game uses the same battle system as before, mixing behind-the-shoulder action with sim-like strategic gameplay as it guides you through a series of missions. You're controlling a bunch of military cadets, though, so much of the game's story is told through your life in and around the school -- perhaps giving Valkyria 2 a bit of a Japanese "school life simulator" touch, although details are still scant. There are several times more missions than in the first Valkyria, and a great deal more customization is possible in this game, both to your fighters and to the vehicles and tanks they have at their disposal.

Whoops ! It's a sequel, 2 years after the war.

The producer also mentioned that it's not going to be tied to handheld gaming:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175170

I'm really loving my PSP right now: Little big Planet, Soul Calibur, Motorstorm, GT, MGS Peacewalker, Silent Hill and now VC - quite the lineup indeed.

By the way, here's unskippables take on VC's intro:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/819-Valkyria-Chronicles

Love those guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 2 left. Some GAF folks mentioned that it's hard to find in their area. I never had problem finding it in the Bay Area.

Only 2 left. Some GAF folks mentioned that it's hard to find in their area. I never had problem finding it in the Bay Area.

I asked for it at my local Gamestop, they pointed me to another local one, they didn't have it. I might rent it from Gamefly and then keep it, but I wanted to add to the real sales.

Now if I had a silver Delorean! The price trend sucks, hence I'm looking for something sub-$40 now.

Sounds like you're reapeting the same mistake!

*DrJay24, 6 months from now:* "Now if I had a silver Delorean! The price trend sucks, hence I'm looking for something sub-$60 now."

:LOL::LOL:

j/k

Back