Sell NVDA?

Guden Oden said:
Why would you sell when they are doing well? Aren't you supposed to sell when they start to do poorly? :D
Hehe, I thought you were being sarcastic until I read your next post.

This is the way it usually turns out, isn't it? A stock is doing well, you buy it, then it falls. When you lose enough money, you sell to save what's left, and stock goes back up again. You bang your head against the wall while cursing, and repeat the whole process again. :D

CMAN said:
http://www.forbes.com/markets/2005/03/01/cx_pk_0301spwinners.html

From the look fo that report Nvidia has actually done very very well compared to other companies in Feb. The question is will they continue? I think Nvidia's biggest advantage has been in the AGP upgrade market. With ATI finally appearing to realize this, it will be more difficult for Nvidia unless they make some large OEM wins.[/url]

their biggest advantage is not only the AGP market but to have a whole lineup from the 6200TC up to the 6600GT available.
Especially the 6600GT is a big seller and it has no competition.

Guden Oden said:
However, you don't know they're at their peak until they start to go down. If you sell now, they could just as well continue to rise, especially as their market share seems to be increasing now too. :p

What I do in such cases is to sell 1/2 a holding when it's risen enough to double my original investment, and then leave the other half in for no risk--if it tanks, no problem, as I've already gotten my original investment and a profit out. If it rises further, it's just icing on the cake...;)

Back