Samsung going HD DVD?

Could be just a question of availability in the notebook market, keeping up with everyone else.

But a Core Duo T25,000? :oops: Benchmarks!

What teh hell? Why would they do such a thing?!?! If there was ever a way to make your format look bad it would be buy using the other guys!

More wins for HD DVD and therefore loses for Blu-Ray. This format war is really annoying. The fact that both are so unpopular really and no one has an honest clue about them for the most part (except us :)) keeps causing companies to produce both product, therefore making it even worse on the consumer!

Although people like to compare HD DVD vs Blu-Ray as VHS vs Beta, but I think there's a very big difference here: HD DVD has the same size as Blu-Ray disc, therefore it's very possible to build a (relatively) cheap all-in-one player, that is, be able to play both HD DVD and Blu-Ray discs. I think it's quite the same as the so-called SACD vs DVD-Audio... the DVD player in my home is able to play both format.

Although people like to compare HD DVD vs Blu-Ray as VHS vs Beta, but I think there's a very big difference here: HD DVD has the same size as Blu-Ray disc, therefore it's very possible to build a (relatively) cheap all-in-one player, that is, be able to play both HD DVD and Blu-Ray discs. I think it's quite the same as the so-called SACD vs DVD-Audio... the DVD player in my home is able to play both format.

The disc density and OPU requirements are quite different though. It is possible I'm sure but might not be very straight forward.

The disc density and OPU requirements are quite different though. It is possible I'm sure but might not be very straight forward.

I don't think it will be more difficult than to build a device which can read both DVD and CD.

Back