Samsung Exynos 5250 - production starting in Q2 2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
What exactly can we do with ChromeOS other than web browsing?

Post to forums with the built-in keyboard?

Hell maybe they can make it a dock able tablet with keyboard for $250.

ChromeOS seems pointless to me no matter how I look at it.
Unless the OS has 100% compatibility with Android apps and the Google Store (does that screen have a touch matrix?), I can't help but wonder why Google keeps injecting money into ChromeOS.

Branching Android into a desktop version would be better, no?

And here comes the million $ question: android or chromeOS?

IIRC Google has said that they will not be doing Chrome OS tablets.

FWIW, I think Google should merge Chrome and android and sell chromebooks loaded with that stuff. I'll buy one.

I'd like them to merge the codebase, but offer different operating environments.... want a touch interface login to the Android environment.... want something more like Win7 login to Chrome OS. Win/Win.

In a way Win8 tries to do the same thing, except it combines the two distinct entities into one and the sum ends up lesser than the parts IMHO.

IIRC Google has said that they will not be doing Chrome OS tablets.

FWIW, I think Google should merge Chrome and android and sell chromebooks loaded with that stuff. I'll buy one.

If the new Chromebook would come with Jellybean Android I would had placed already a pre-order.

How big is the SoC exactly because I might misunderstand something out of that manual?

If the new Chromebook would come with Jellybean Android I would had placed already a pre-order.

Apparently people have already done some preliminary ports of Linux distros (so we know there isn't any big work to be done to get around device lockdowns), and since the Arndale comes with Jellybean support it's probably a given that the Chromebook will get support for it very soon.

So you may want to consider placing that order if you can, since they're sold out in most places.

http://www.glbenchmark.com/phonedet...o25&D=Google+Mantaray+Manta&testgroup=overall

43.9 fps onscreen for Egypt 2.1 classic

How does the Mali-T604 stack up against the A6X?
Onscreen at 2560*1600. Remember that. We don't have a direct comparison resolution yet.

By the way, nobody discussed the Chromebook benchmarks.
SunSpider: 668.5ms (lower is better)
V8: 3871 (higher is better)
Octane: 3465 (higher is better)
Quite better than anything else by a large margin.

Called it back 6 months ago in May ;) Was just wrong about the resolution due to some source code confusion.

Preliminary commits to a Google repository reports Vithar/T604 running at 533MHz;

http://aosp.schiznik.net/?p=kernel/...9;hb=90642812306849f912f0f8a7a3ee9d919676bdd6

So recap; The next Google tablet will be powered by a 5250 at currently 1.7GHz, a T604 at 533MHz, with a 1280*800 screen with 223*125mm dimensions or 10.4".

Back