Samsung Exynos 5250 - production starting in Q2 2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
Disposable E-ink display, the SoC is embedded into a re-usable toilet roll tube. Lets you read news / browse the web on the shitter.

Because one can't browse with a tablet or phone while crapping? The idea of wiping with a trash tabloid whatever sounds highly intriguing though :p

Because one can't browse with a tablet or phone while crapping? The idea of wiping with a trash tabloid whatever sounds highly intriguing though :p

It was a joke.

But about that trash tabloid for toilet paper, in the past (think 19th century) many people in the US used the newspapers, the Sears catalog and the Farmers almanac to wipe. The Farmers almanac even had a hole in one of the corners specifically so you could easily hang it.

Ah, history. Almost going in circles.

It was a joke.

ROFL as were my replies to it :LOL:

But about that trash tabloid for toilet paper, in the past (think 19th century) many people in the US used the newspapers, the Sears catalog and the Farmers almanac to wipe. The Farmers almanac even had a hole in one of the corners specifically so you could easily hang it.

Ah, history. Almost going in circles.

Another piece of errrr....interesting information :p

Samsung is still using Mali 400 in their lower-end SoCs, ugh...
All the chinese SoC builders have moved on to Rogue, Mali Midgard or at least Mali 450..

Easy integration having done it many times now, very low cost (zero pretty much), very low area in 28nm...I can see why they'd stick with it it they didn't need ES3.

Depends for which part of the chinese market; yes SoCs like RK3288 or MT8135 are starting to ship for tablets, but for smartphones and especially the low end part of those it's rather SoCs like the MT6572 for a Mali400MP2 or similar.

For the chinese "high end" smartphone market it's more in the MT6592 region (Mali450MP4@700MHz) and SoCs like MT6595 still nowhere in sight yet but even if they appear they'd be more for =/>$250 smartphones while the 6572s appear rather in =/>$50 smartphones right now.

Depends for which part of the chinese market; yes SoCs like RK3288 or MT8135 are starting to ship for tablets, but for smartphones and especially the low end part of those it's rather SoCs like the MT6572 for a Mali400MP2 or similar.

For the chinese "high end" smartphone market it's more in the MT6592 region (Mali450MP4@700MHz) and SoCs like MT6595 still nowhere in sight yet but even if they appear they'd be more for =/>$250 smartphones while the 6572s appear rather in =/>$50 smartphones right now.
The 3250 is used in their Gear smartwatch, and the 3470 is the lowest of the low in their smartphone lineup. I don't see the issue with it, mid-range and up is now held by the 5260 and its bigger brothers.

Don't see much problem with their lineup. It's just the 4415 which seems outdated, but that's a special case due to the LTE modem.

The only other objection I would have with their lineup is in the highest end of their SoCs for GPUs, but that's a completely different chapter ;)

You definitely still work for IMG, right ?

:)
Shit, what was I thinking. Let me try again:
S.LSI have completely misjudged what the market wants, again, and should really have designed in the incredibly small PowerVR Series6XE cores into those products, giving them a much-needed feature boost and best-in-class bandwidth usage from our TBDR architecture :cool:

Shit, what was I thinking. Let me try again:
S.LSI have completely misjudged what the market wants, again, and should really have designed in the incredibly small PowerVR Series6XE cores into those products, giving them a much-needed feature boost and best-in-class bandwidth usage from our TBDR architecture :cool:

It won't be for free though.....:runaway:

Someone knows exactly which Exynos SOC is inside of the Note 4 ?

There is no even official data if it is called 5433.

Maybe they're keeping 6 for their custom core? Lower performance, better power?

They also started re-using the 3 series in their now low-end SoCs, so maybe the new naming scheme is based on performance categories.

Back