Saddam Arrested

Take him out back and hang him. don't even let him live anymore . Jails would be too good for him

At long bloody last.

Take him out back and hang him. don't even let him live anymore . Jails would be too good for him

Personally I agree with you but it may be best to haul him through a war crimes tribunal. We're (the coalition) is better than that.

Yes! Finally got him. And alive, got him alive.!
This shouuld help lift some fears the Iraqi's have. Now we'll see just how hw's presieved as a hero or a villian.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3317637.stm
Ali Albayati, head of the Supreme Council for Islamic Revolution in Iraq's London office said: "The resistance look up to him. There are still people saying he will be back.

"If he is captured, that will be the end of the whole thing.

"This will improve peace in Iraq, without a shadow of a doubt.

"There will be jubilation everywhere. We have been waiting for this for a long time."

He said 90% of Iraq would be relieved by the news of the former dictator's capture.

"A lot of people will have this fear in them, especially those who have been tortured or who have had loved ones tortured."

Put him on trial?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3113417.stm
Whether it will break their back is doubtful since they are well armed.

The guerilla war will probably go on.

But it also leaves the issue of what to do with Saddam Hussein now. The Iraqi Governing Council wants to put him and former members of his regime on trial by an Iraqi court and this is the most likely outcome.

No doubt the Coalition will use this as propaganda to show how "successful" they've been, since they've got no WMD to show for it - an issue that'll no doubt be buried now, in the same way that the Osama issue has been conveniently buried too. I'm sure the families of the dead soldiers and innocent civilians are just overjoyed at this.

Any talk of the guerilla war halting now should be taken with more than a large grain of salt. Most of the fighting isn't about trying to bring the old regime back, it's about getting America out of the country.

PaulS said:
No doubt the Coalition will use this as propaganda to show how "successful" they've been, since they've got no WMD to show for it - an issue that'll no doubt be buried now, in the same way that the Osama issue has been conveniently buried too. I'm sure the families of the dead soldiers and innocent civilians are just overjoyed at this.

Any talk of the guerilla war halting now should be taken with more than a large grain of salt. Most of the fighting isn't about trying to bring the old regime back, it's about getting America out of the country.

Heh . There is only two reasons for this war . One the first bush didn't take out saddam. Two clintion didn't have the balls to finish what bush started .

I agree with Heathen, give him a full tribunal.. and if they choose to execute him, do it with some class.

This is a great step at renewal of Iraq. I want saddam in front of both Iraqi and World Tribunals... let as much dirt as possible be extracted from him...

jvd: Actually Clinton wanted to take him out in 98... it was the conservatives who blocked him.

jvd: Actually Clinton wanted to take him out in 98... it was the conservatives who blocked him
really . I don't recall ever hearing that . I heard he had the chance and back down from it though. Of course that was 98 . Which puts me at around 16 years old so i could be recalling wrong

Clinton had the chance of getting Osama from Sudan's gov... he turned them down... Now that was second only to Rwanda to his blunders.

pax said:
Clinton had the chance of getting Osama from Sudan's gov... he turned them down... Now that was second only to Rwanda to his blunders.
ah mabye i was mixing up the two then .

PaulS said:
No doubt the Coalition will use this as propaganda to show how "successful" they've been, since they've got no WMD to show for it -

Um, sorry, Paul. But it just so happens that Saddam IS one measure of success. His capture is one of the significant objectives of the entire operation.

I'm sure the families of the dead soldiers and innocent civilians are just overjoyed at this.

I'm willing to bet the majority are.

Any talk of the guerilla war halting now should be taken with more than a large grain of salt.

True. That doesn't make this capture anything less than hugely significant though.

A better idea would be to try him, convict him, sentence him to prison, then lo and behold, Iran wants to try him for repeatedly using WMD against Iranian villages. Iraq has been the only other nation to use WMD aside from the USA and Japan to have ever used WMD against civilian populations...

Let Iran execute him then, and then the US government and new Iraqi puppet regime won't be on the hook for executing anyone.

diarrhea_splatter said:
It's all propaganda. check out this link:

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/120203/new_20031202014.shtml

Just think, we caught Saddam now just in time for elections. We need to somehow find Bin Laden to really boost Bush's rating. Ignorant Americans will soon forget all the unconstitutional laws passed and corruption that has happened since his election. I wish people would wake up and stop being zombies!!!!
well i guess bush could allways substitute a cigar for a dildo and find a good looking intern to boost his popularity . Hmmm mabye a gay man to get the all important gay vote .

Joe DeFuria said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105709,00.html

Oh, and to the rest of the world: "You're welcome...not that we received any thank-yous" :rolleyes:

90% of the nations opposed to the war DID want Saddam removed from power, they just disagreed about the way America went about it. Once again - being opposed to the war is not the same thing as being Pro-Saddam, no matter how much the media likes to spin it.

Regarding your previous comments - It IS a good thing he's gone, but the war was fought on the grounds of Iraq developing WMD with the intention of using them against nearby countries and the likes of America and Britain. Hundreds of troops didn't die just to get Saddam, and the same could be said for all the civilians that have died along the way. It's not the reason we signed up for the war, and it's not the reason the US is out there. The politicians will spin it to seem like he was the prime objective because they've got absolutely nothing else.

Go back a few months before the war, and all the talk was of these WMD that he was going to deploy in 45 minutes, threatening our very existence. Now the only talk going on is about the length of Saddam's beard.

Joe DeFuria said:
Oh, and to the rest of the world: "You're welcome...not that we received any thank-yous". :rolleyes:

Geez, cut the self-martyr posturing crap will ya, you big whiny baby.

You guys get ONE thing right with this entire disaster of a campaign (which is illegal anyway) and it's suddenly the REST of the world that are unthankful bastards? Again... GEEZ!

Now tell me, have you found Usama and the WMD yet?

Now it's time for you to go back to watching "Wheel of Fortune" and clapping your hands when the "applause" sign is blinking. Good boy. Good consumer puppet!

*G*

Regarding your previous comments - It IS a good thing he's gone, but the war was fought on the grounds of Iraq developing WMD with the intention of using them against nearby countries and the likes of America and Britain. Hundreds of troops didn't die just to get Saddam, and the same could be said for all the civilians that have died along the way. It's not the reason we signed up for the war, and it's not the reason the US is out there. The politicians will spin it to seem like he was the prime objective because they've got absolutely nothing else

PaulS if we went to texas and I burried a missle in the sand how long do you think it would take you to find ?

Back