Revolution Tech Details Emerge ( Xbox1+ performance, 128 MB RAM )

pc999 said:
just like if someone has that XB360 dev kit had a 9800 then XB360 will have a 9800, there are others that say it will be much more advanced (eg the blog a few pages ago, latest "info" sugest it is from ubisoft) but many dont belive in them (personally I think it does have chances of being real).

pc999 said:
How much early XB360 had been released before final dev kits/chip completention(xenus is ready since 2004, from what we know only now there are prototipes of Rev chips)

Yeah, but from the very beginning stages, the 360 SDK docs told developers stuff like:

"This alpha kit contains a FOO9800. We expect final GPU hardware to be X times faster doing A, B, C and D. It will also support features X, Y, and Z, which the FOO9800 does not. Features X and Y are emulated on the FOO9800 by doing BLAH, performance is not accurate. Feature Z will not be available until final hardware."​

If the Revolution docs contained similar information, that's the kind of info that would be leaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teasy said:
Correct, but it was still overly conservative, since GC surpassed 12 million pps in a complex game at launch and went well past that later in the generation. 60 million pps in game could be seen by a developer as 3 times GC's performance. But if that number was given out by Nintendo and is as conservative as GC's initial estimate it could be more like 100 million in reality. Hopefully we'll hear something more concrete from some developers with proper dev kits (with Broadway and Hollywood inside) in the next month or two.
That's assuming Nintendo actually tend to give conservative estimates. I personally don't think early Gamecube PR proves that, since Nintendo had to resort to hypothetical situations rather than engage in a dick measuring contest with the PS2 they couldn't have won. The Gamecube didn't have a raw fillrate advantage and couldn't push the same amount of raw polygons; both unqualified stats that were mainly used as PR ammo.

aaaaa00 said:
Yeah, but from the very beginning stages, the 360 SDK docs told developers stuff like:

"This alpha kit contains a FOO9800. We expect final GPU hardware to be X times faster doing A, B, C and D. It will also support features X, Y, and Z, which the FOO9800 does not. Features X and Y are emulated on the FOO9800 by doing BLAH, performance is not accurate. Feature Z will not be available until final hardware."​

If the Revolution docs contained similar information, that's the kind of info that would be leaking.

But why are developer quotes suggesting that they don't know anything about Hollywood. They surely wouldn't be assuming it will be a overclocked Flipper.

SedentaryJourney said:
That's assuming Nintendo actually tend to give conservative estimates. I personally don't think early Gamecube PR proves that, since Nintendo had to resort to hypothetical situations rather than engage in a dick measuring contest with the PS2 they couldn't have won. The Gamecube didn't have a raw fillrate advantage and couldn't push the same amount of raw polygons; both unqualified stats that were mainly used as PR ammo.

But they could have mentioned that GC could ouput more textured, lit polygons.

Obviously Nintendo gave out in game estimates to play to there consoles strengths (efficiency rather then brute power). But the fact is the estimates given out by Nintendo were conservative as I already said in the post you replied to, there's no need to assume that, its fact.

Mutliple textures

Ooh-videogames said:
But they could have mentioned that GC could ouput more textured, lit polygons.

I think PS2 has advantage for single texture polygons but GC for multiple textures polygons so maybe depends on balance of type for real games.

I feel Factor 5 games are best for GC. Look at how "ok" is Battlefront 2 for PS2 and Xbox and then how good is Factor 5 games for GC! Also frame-rate is usually 60fps!

Ooh-videogames said:
I thought the PS2 takes a polygon count hit when lights are incorporated.

If not, then I've just learned something new today.

Yep and so is Gamecube.

Just saw some pics that are related (but not from) the No End Soon blog. A supposed leaked pic of the game engine:

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/9647/noendsoon1ey.jpg

Not very illuminating I know, someone brightened up the picture to try to see more of the surroundings:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/HornHead8898/noendsoon1ey1.jpg

Shortly after those pictures came out a video also got "leaked":

http://d45.yousendit.com/E/1ZLS77LIWTTJ53MWH5FQ3M6Z1G/No_End_Soon_Build_1.wmv

The video is also taken with a video phone and really doesn't show much other then a start screen (Including the Ubisoft logo), credits and menu that I suppose could be from any game unless we can read the text somehow. Though apparently if you zoom in and go frame by frame you can read some of the text ("Build 1" and "Nintendo Revolution"). If this blog is fake then it seems they are trying to suggest to us that No End Soon is the exclusive Revolution FPS from UbiSoft that has been mentioned a few times by the likes of GameSpot ect.

I'm only bringing this to the boards attention by the way, so just have fun with it and don't shoot the messenger :)

Teasy said:
Just saw some pics that are related (but not from) the No End Soon blog. A supposed leaked pic of the game engine:

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/9647/noendsoon1ey.jpg

Not very illuminating I know, someone brightened up the picture to try to see more of the surroundings:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/HornHead8898/noendsoon1ey1.jpg

Shortly after those pictures came out a video also got "leaked":

http://d45.yousendit.com/E/1ZLS77LIWTTJ53MWH5FQ3M6Z1G/No_End_Soon_Build_1.wmv

The video is also taken with a video phone and really doesn't show much other then a start screen (Including the Ubisoft logo), credits and menu that I suppose could be from any game unless we can read the text somehow. Though apparently if you zoom in and go frame by frame you can read some of the text ("Build 1" and "Nintendo Revolution"). If this blog is fake then it seems they are trying to suggest to us that No End Soon is the exclusive Revolution FPS from UbiSoft that has been mentioned a few times by the likes of GameSpot ect.

I'm only bringing this to the boards attention by the way, so just have fun with it and don't shoot the messenger :)

Wow! Good find.

BTW they also say good things about the HW if you care

I’d like to tell you all we’ve received newer development kits a lot earlier than expected. These are pre-final development kits though. However they are an extreme improvement compared to the last one and include new prototypes of Hollywood and Broadway. I can conclude for sure now; don’t worry about the graphics, Nintendo will deliver again this generation!

http://revolutiondevelopment.blogspot.com/

They say more if you read it all.

I'm really suprised that nobody has posted to debunk the No End Soon pictures/video. Not that I think its fake, just that its expected on this forum :) (some real cynics here.. which is a good thing). I'm really not sure what to make of it personally, I was going to take a closer look at the pics and video (zooming in and going frame by frame ect) but I just haven't had time.

Teasy said:
I'm really suprised that nobody has posted to debunk the No End Soon pictures/video. Not that I think its fake, just that its expected on this forum :) (some real cynics here.. which is a good thing). I'm really not sure what to make of it personally, I was going to take a closer look at the pics and video (zooming in and going frame by frame ect) but I just haven't had time.

I've wondered about the sensors that accompany the revmote, I don't see these sensors that are supposed to be placed on the sides or the T.V.

Yeah there are sensors that are supposed to be placed at either side of the TV (I think..), I hadn't thought about those.

Just had a look at the pics and video but they don't show as far as the side of the TV (or is it supposed to be the side of the screen?, that would seem a little too fiddly).

Teasy said:
Yeah there are sensors that are supposed to be placed at either side of the TV (I think..), I hadn't thought about those.

Just had a look at the pics and video but they don't show as far as the side of the TV (or is it supposed to be the side of the screen?, that would seem a little too fiddly).

I thought one sensor was supposed to be on top of the tv, and the other on the side, that way both horizontal and vertical motion could be determined.

Teasy said:
I'm not sure, but that does sound logical.

Great find!

Going Off T here..but..
I really liked the GC but then they also had Rare and Factor5 to spoil me with SFA and Rougeleader2/3 so in that sense im not as thrilled about Nintendo now.
I think its pretty sad they didnt do a Pilotwings game with Factor5 on GC also.

Fox5 said:
I thought one sensor was supposed to be on top of the tv, and the other on the side, that way both horizontal and vertical motion could be determined.
No, it's supposed to be a bar that you put either above or below the screen, as long as it's centred and parallel to the display it should be fine.

FWIW I highly doubt that it's a sensorbar. It would make everything much easier if it was the bar that did the IR emitting an the Revmote the receiving.

I conjecture that the Revmote has a low res IR-CCD, with an appropriate lens, and the "sensorbar" is really just two IR diodes at the ends of a flat piece of plastic.
The movement sensing will be done by detecting the x,y movement and explosion - implosion of the two diodes for z movement.
Otherwise how would the system be able to support multiple players, with maybe two revmotes each? That would need some serious IR frequency switching.

Back