Resi 4 Wii Edition

super bear

Newcomer
I compare the game in widescreen mode, to the game running in 4:3, and I compare it to the GC version of the game and it looks blurry as hell. I think it's because they took the letterbox mode from the GC version, and just stretched it to fill the entire screen.

Am I correct in thinking this?

From what i understand, NO Wii games are true widescreen. Quaz states he has never seen a Wii screenshot that was 720x480. Just stretched 640x480.

I think Shifty meant a raw 720x480 as is, and the answer is no. 640x480 progressive can be displayed by every HDTV, even older CRT ones.

720x480p is the 16:9 480p standard. There is an automatic widescreen 480p flag that works with component cables and DVD players use and you can see in action if you set your x360 dashboard to 480p widescreen(I wonder why the Wii doesn't use that).

Last edited by a moderator:
So am I right in thinking they just took the letterbox mode from the GC version and just stretched it to fill the entire screen in the Wii Edition? The game really does look washed out compared to the GC version, unless it's set to 4:3 in the Wii options first.

Back