report from event

I can't wait till games that bring these new cards nv40/r420 to their knees come out :) Man they will look sweet.

Oh and do you think that the nv40 will run doom at 1600x1200 @ 60fps with 4xAA &8xAF that would sure be sweet.

mreman4k said:
power.gif

Does not look that bad to me
The 9800 XT doesn't use anywhere near that much power.

OpenGL guy said:

It hasn't been stated in this thread, but I believe those power consumption numbers are for the entire system, differing in each case by just the graphics card.

thats not just the video cards...those are whole systems, its to show the difference in power usage between cards.

Joe DeFuria said:
OpenGL guy said:
It hasn't been stated in this thread, but I believe those power consumption numbers are for the entire system, differing in each case by just the graphics card.
Ah that would explain it.

Mr.Sparkle said:
Thanks for media DC. :)

Looks like you had a great seat for the presentation. :D

You know...a little OT rant...

I'm sick and tired of being ignored here on the East Coast of the U.S., in terms of electronics trade shows, demos, etc.!!

Geeze...you would think NY would get thrown a bone once in a while! :devilish:

Joe DeFuria said:
Mr.Sparkle said:
Thanks for media DC. :)

Looks like you had a great seat for the presentation. :D
You know...a little OT rant...

I'm sick and tired of being ignored here on the East Coast of the U.S., in terms of electronics trade shows, demos, etc.!!

Geeze...you would think NY would get thrown a bone once in a while! :devilish:
A trade show in NY would be great...then I could go to one. Hell anywhere in the NE wouldn't be a bad drive from New York (in general not just NYC). Fat chance of ever seeing a trade show in Ohio JR. :(

Mr.Sparkle said:
Sorry to go OT, but were exactly is the r420 being launched?Is that out west too?Or is the site even set yet?

Isn't that in Toronto where DaveB is now?

Would be strange to hold an event in Canada to which you flew reporters from all over the world, only to hold another event in the US for US reporters wouldn't it?

From what has been said here on the forum earlier, the press is being briefed now, but it won't be official until the 20th IIRC.

I figured the 14,800 score in 3dmark03 was bs. Every review that I've seen says it's around 11-12k. Still, I am impressed. It's definitely an improvement over the FX line.

Now, whens the R420 launch again?

DemoCoder said:
Who wants to host a Battle for Middle Earth trailer and EQ2 raw gameplay footage. :devilish:

I can put up one of those...

My ISP hasn't limited my bandwidth on one account, so I'll put it up there..
(As long as it's less than 30mb)

Send me a mail/pm if you're interested

ANova> Check 2 posts above yours....

jb said:
That's Tim Sweeny doing the talking.
As we can see he's not only trying to beat JC in the engine department, but even beyond that... ;)

Seriously though, the Unreal3 technology seems to grow into one really impressive beast. Would be even better if it wouldn't take about 3-4 years for any actual games using this tech to show up, like in the case of Far Cry!

ANova said:
I figured the 14,800 score in 3dmark03 was bs. Every review that I've seen says it's around 11-12k. Still, I am impressed. It's definitely an improvement over the FX line.

It's not BS, just a heavily overclocked system. Nvidia builds uberboxes it seems as part of its performance gathering I guess to see how CPU limits effect the GPU scaling.

DemoCoder said:
It's not BS, just a heavily overclocked system. Nvidia builds uberboxes it seems as part of its performance gathering I guess to see how CPU limits effect the GPU scaling.

Wouldn't it then have been better to show scores for a regular system (12k) and an oc'ed one (14k)?

That would really have shown the scalability of the card, and left no ambiguity about the score...

Back