video encoder is programmable
geometry instancing rocks

pics & video in an hour or so
unreal3 video
eq2 video
lord of the rings

nalu rocks

DDR1, 12 pipe, 128bit? :oops:

Ewwwwwwww. That's going to get spanked by the X800 Pro and probably won't be much faster, if its faster at all, than the X800SE.

Sorry DC, what does "sending from phone" mean? Didn't you attend the event? :oops:

The 128bits memory is quite disappointing IMHO.

It would seem that unless 6800nu is a separate chip (or the ultra has 12 pipes as well), nvidia can now disable pipes.

991060 said:
Sorry DC, what does "sending from phone" mean? Didn't you attend the event? :oops:

You've never used an internet phone have you. He's typing this stuff on his phone keypad.

991060 said:

That means he's at the event and doesn't have access to a compture, so he's posting it via his phone.

DemoCoder said:
6800 nonultra has 12pipes, ddr1 mem, 128bit

I was really looking forward to a "GF3 ti 200 like" ...
It looks like it won't happen.

Natoma said:

Ewwwwwwww. That's going to get spanked by the X800 Pro and probably won't be much faster, if its faster at all, than the X800SE.

Yep. I can't believe nVidia have done that. A very stupid move IMO. Did they learn nothing from NV30? That thing is going to be so bandwidth limited it's not funny.

It means he is at the event, and is using his phone to type that message. Phones can be used like a computer nowadays, you old fogey :p. Picture a cellular phone and ways you could enter text on it, then notice the short sentences and lack of capitalization.

elroy said:
Natoma said:

Yep. I can't believe nVidia have done that. A very stupid move IMO. Did they learn nothing from NV30? That thing is going to be so bandwidth limited it's not funny.

that sounds like something i would expect from the NV41?

I think he might possibly mean 128mb, a 128bit bus on a 12pipe card is just insanity and extremly stupid. you'd never have enough BW to feed 12 pipes, hell not even enough for 8 pipes.

the 14000 figure for 3dmark2k3 is amazing, i think the current gpu's are going to be extremly held back by the slowing cpu industry, we need some 4-5ghz processor to feed theses beasts.

I have another question: can DC see our replies in his phone? :?:

If so, I wish he could clearify some uncertainty such as the 128bits memory. :p

The 'm' and the 'b' are a little different when they're being typed from a phone than the 'b,' 'i,' and 't.' :)

I'm assuming the 14000 figure is for the Ultra variant, which is ~double what you'd get on a P4 3Ghz and 9800XT. Reasonable imo.

Most definitely, I think that DemoCoder made a typo. 128MB is much more plausible than 128 bit.

NV fans can breathe more easily now, I think ;)

However, 12 pipes is interesting for the 6800NU...maybe that explains why they are willing to sell it for $100 less than the Ultra 16 pipe version. But then again, no one has said anything about a 12 pipe NV card until now. Interesting...

14,000+ 3dmark03??? My goodness

Back