Register Opera for Free - For One Day Only!

Diplo said:
The Opera Browser is 10 Years old today. :cool:

To celebrate Opera Software are giving away FREE registration codes for Opera 8. To get yours just head over to the Party at http://my.opera.com/community/party/ and click the 'Free registration codes' link.

Good, huh? :)

I used to use Opera when I was using Sun Solaris 9 (before FireFox 1.0)....it helped me through the Hell I called "Unix Netscape Browser Purgatory". I've switched to FireFox....but Opera is what showed me Tab Browsing and Mouse Gestures first...and it will always be in me heart :( :(

I never liked Opera, but I never really gave it a chance either...I was too turned off by the advertising to use it and since I didn't use it I wasn't impressed enough to buy it.

I might actually give it a try now that I have a full "no advertisement" copy of it, free=good. :)

got 3 codes, for my developers.... testing in all browsers is essential to make good website.
thank you VERY much for this.:D

That's a nice way of celebrating ones birthday! :)

I had and used Opera 7 up until now (also free), but this might just make me upgrade to release 8.

Less reason for me to celebrate as I already have a serial ;)

Heh, I wonder if we see Opera-Serials at eBay tomorrow. The Site is dog-slow at the moment

Yay! Thanks for the heads up, Diplo. I haven't used Opera much lately due to a different job and not having a licence at home, but this is as good a reason as any to give it a spin again. Happy birthday Opera!

Um any opera users here?

I wanted to know about the search function.

In firefox I hit Ctrl+f and type a word as I type it tells me when the word is not found so I do not have to waste time finishing the entire word and pressing enter, is there a way to make opera do this as well? Otherwise I won't even bother trying to see if I like it. Yet I do of course already have my registration code saw it on Fatwallet while back.

Sure, where do you think Firefox copies its features from? :devilish:
Would`ve been likely faster if you just have tried it instead of typing that post.

Guden Oden said:
Tanx for linkee!

Will try out Opera now. :)

hey, you wanna give us heart attack? wasnt you the one crying for IE7 just few days ago? :p

hehe... j/k... its always good to try new things. maybe you gonna like it?

Npl said:
Sure, where do you think Firefox copies its features from? :devilish:
Would`ve been likely faster if you just have tried it instead of typing that post.

It DOES NOT work. I already tried it, that is why I am asking if there is a preference to change the way search works since now it sucks donkey balls like IE does.

Sxotty said:
It DOES NOT work. I already tried it, that is why I am asking if there is a preference to change the way search works since now it sucks donkey balls like IE does.

use the dot to start a 'search in page'. It works as you describe

Sxotty said:

Seems I skipped the "not" in "not found", sorry.
It does jump to the matching Word while typing, but aint stating it explicit if not found.

Npl said:
Seems I skipped the "not" in "not found", sorry.
It does jump to the matching Word while typing, but aint stating it explicit if not found.

yes it does. It says 'no matches'

Sxotty said:
Click on the 'glasses icon' to the right of the Google search box, or use the default shortcut key '.' [period] (edit: and then Ctrl+G to step through the matches). You can, of course, customize this to your hearts content.

Edit: Too slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much, that is an invaluable feature as far as I am concerned, is there a way so when I hit ctrl+f it does the same thing as when you press '.' The reason is just b/c then it would match up with all other programs.

I hate the search window type search you know, just frustrating to me and I find that type of search much nicer and so forth.

Sxotty said:
Thank you very much, that is an invaluable feature as far as I am concerned, is there a way so when I hit ctrl+f it does the same thing as when you press '.'
Just modify the shortcut. They can be found second from the bottom of the left-hand list on the 'Advanced' tab in 'Preferences'. I'd then 'Duplicate' the default settings and rename them to your liking before messing about. Then you can revert any accidental changes.

Back