Regional settings in Win98

Anonymous

Veteran
Is there a way to change the languages in menus for IE and other windows programs? Or is it hardcoded in the program.

I have an English Win98, and all programs except office is english. (I wanted to make sure to get swedish spellchecking.) And that's just as I want it. OK, I'd rather have an English office, except for the Swedish spellchecks. I also have a Swedish keyboard, which I of course want to work as expected.

The problem is that if I do an update of IE, then a lot of stuff turns to Swedish. To put it mildly, I hate that behaviour. I've tried to change the regional settings to Eng(US) before updating, but it still doesn't work. I don't know where to tell it to use English.

I don't remember having this problem on earlier updates.

Why do i (a Swede) want an English Win98?

I'm used to it, and it takes me a lot more time to find what I want in the menus. And I do need to look in the menus, since keyboard shortcuts changes as the language change. I don't want to re-learn all shortcuts, especially since I use English at work too.

Another problem is that some folders change name. So you'll get a "nice" mix of English and Swedish folder names, and you won't know for sure if it's the English or the Swedish folder that is in use (or maybe both).

There's also a problem with nvidias drivers. And there it's even worse, since the translation is realy bad. If I hadn't known what features there was in the drivers, I had probably never guessed what the descriptions meant.

Please, does anybody know how to get rid of the Swedish stuff.

Back